↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Defender steering wheel options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
leeds

United Kingdom 
Well I have asked the question, so will await the answer.

Personally I doubt that they will, however until I get the answer I do not know.

I'll keep people informed as and when I learn anything.

Brendan
Post #488379 4th Jan 2016 9:35am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Bit confused... :)
jbk wrote:
Hmm, Venomator, nice taste in motor there, I've got an 90HTXS in Santorini black arriving in 3 weeks, but really i yearn for a Keswick one just like yours, but I can't find the right spec! Smile Did you feel the that black was just a bit too smart and you wanted to get the car 'back to its roots' a bit!?

Hi @jbk - thank you for the kind words, I am over the moon with the Keswick Special in all respects... Thumbs Up

I assume you are referring to the Keswick StarTech when referring to the Green over Black comment... Question

The StarTech was always a must have, when building up the concept of the Keswick Special, and to have it in Keswick is simply the crowning glory (or one of them!) to the overall effect of the Special build... Mr. Green

Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #488384 4th Jan 2016 9:55am
jbk

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Thanks Brendan.

Venomator, was actually referring simply to the 110 utility in Keswick, perfect combo i reckon if it's an XS. Steering wheel v nice touch too though. You call it a Keswick 'Special', take it this is just you referring to your build of this car, it's not an LR special projects build you managed to wangle or anything?

Got me a black 90 HT XS coming in three weeks. Bit too black for me tbh, I'm sure I'll love it, but really my heart is after a Keswick green XS 90HT or 110 Utility, but I'll take the deal i've got on this new'n and keep hunting for a potential swap down the line. Arrives on 29th Jan, excited, mod scheming commenced already, rather taken by this overlanding business Smile
Post #488646 4th Jan 2016 10:38pm
jbk

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Just seen your post in 'my vehicles' about 'Vens special' nice work Venomator, reading through it now Smile
Post #488663 4th Jan 2016 11:11pm
mcma1

Another plus for the Startech, tried plenty of others but it's just a quality wheel, simple and suits the defender character.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Andy

2014 Fuji 110 SW LS3
https://www.defender2.net/forum/post751233.html#751233

2014 Corris 110 SW
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40056.html

My old Xtech 90 build..
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic15681.html

LS3 V8 build...
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic49051.html
Post #488676 4th Jan 2016 11:31pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
Laughing

Seems like you answered your own question there about the Special then, I hope you enjoy the trip... Whistle

For me, Mamba was a stop gap/trial for my foray into Defender Life, a Green option was not available in my time frame... Big Cry

But, having fallen for the Landy Way, I immediately took the plunge and ordered a Grasmere Heritage immediately I heard they were being built... Wink Well, that went well didn't it, and is a rather long story... Rolling Eyes

So the Keswick Special was commissioned to appease my passion obsession for all things Green... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #488677 4th Jan 2016 11:36pm
Offroad-Tec

Germany 
Steering wheel raid
I use the 360 mm steering wheel from raid in leather/ suede. Mine steering wheel is in rallye-look, but they have other wheels in their programm.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Markus
Post #488721 5th Jan 2016 6:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
redline

Switzerland 
Very nice Raid wheel Markus - love the look!

I just ordered a Momo Prototipo, but had I seen the Raid beforehand, I probably would have gone with that...

The Startech definitely matches the look of the Defender... particularly those with the "fancy" leather interiors, but IMO would have looked out of place in mine, which is more oriented towards overland trips... De gustibus non est disputandum, as they say!

In any case I will post a picture of the Prototipo in place, once it arrives.
Post #488724 5th Jan 2016 7:41am
leeds

United Kingdom 
The question was asked if it was possible to get the Startech steering wheel without the Startech logo embossed into the leather work.

Apologies for the delay in answering but it can take some time to get a definitive answer out of large companies.

It is NOT possible to get the Startech steering wheel without their logo.

To be frank I am not surprised at that answer. Startech is a well know, established, reputable, dare I say a luxury brand in Europe and they want to keep that reputation and recognition of their brand.

We will continue to stock the Startech steering wheel and in the next few months extend into the Raid steering wheel range

If there are any more questions please ask away and we will do our best to answer them. If we do not know the answer we will do our best to answer them.

Before any body asks I do not know what numbers will be the winning numbers in this coming lottery draw Razz

Brendan
Post #491724 13th Jan 2016 9:55am
Anderzander

United Kingdom 
I wish there was something that looked as factory as the startech - but in more of a budget / midrange price range.
Post #491727 13th Jan 2016 10:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12