↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Australia & New Zealand > FlashLube ( Diesel Conditioner ).
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bjartin

Norway 
FlashLube ( Diesel Conditioner ).
My preferred LR workshop has begun selling Diesel Conditioner from FlashLube (AUSTRALIAN made). 50ml in 50 liters of diesel.
The benefits should be: Cleans injectors and entire fuel system.
Improves fuel economy & power.
Lubricates injectors, pumps and upper cylinder area.
Reduces diesel smoke & harmful emissions.
Extends engine life.
Protects against corrosion.

Do you have any experience with this product. Can it be recommended. Puma 90 MY 2010 (sold 2017)
Defender 110 MY 2001

http://www.youtube.com/bjartin
Post #48359 13th Dec 2010 3:50pm
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
If it's a lubricant that goes right through the system, does it coat the cataliser with oil?
Post #48373 13th Dec 2010 6:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sasha2001

Russia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Tonga Green
would it be safe to use in a the Puma common rail I have read never to use any of those conditioners in a Puma?
any halp appreciated
Post #48390 13th Dec 2010 7:29pm
Lorryman100

Hi, Bjorn, looking at the safety spec sheet for flashlube it is mineral oil based with trace amounts of:

Naphtha: is used primarily as feedstock for producing high octane gasoline (via the catalytic reforming process). It is also used in the petrochemical industry for producing olefins in steam crackers and in the chemical industry for solvent (cleaning) applications. Common products made with it include lighter fluid, fuel for camp stoves, and some cleaning solvents.

Naphthalene: also known as naphthalin, bicyclo[4.4.0]deca-1,3,5,7,9-pentene or antimite is a crystalline, aromatic, white, solid hydrocarbon with formula C10H8 and the structure of two fused benzene rings. It is best known as the traditional, primary ingredient of mothballs. It is volatile, forming a flammable vapor, and readily sublimes at room temperature, producing a characteristic odor that is detectable at concentrations as low as 0.08 ppm by mass.[1]

Pseudocumene(Trimethylbenzene) dissolved in mineral oil is used as a liquid scintillator. It is also used as a sterilizing agent and in the manufacture of dyes, perfumes, and resins. Another major use is as a gasoline additive

Mesitylene or 1,3,5-trimethylbenzene (C9H12) is an aromatic hydrocarbon with three methyl substituents attached to the benzene ring. It is prepared by distillation of acetone with sulfuric acid or by trimerization of propyne in sulfuric acid, which, in both cases, acts as a catalyst and dehydrating agent. It is commonly used as a solvent in research and industry. It is flammable and an irritant; it is a low-freezing liquid.1,3,5-Trimethylbenzene is also a major urban volatile organic compound (VOC) which results from combustion. It plays a significant role in aerosol and tropospheric ozone formation as well as other reactions in atmospheric chemistry.

Infosafe No. 5FUL1 Issue Date : March 2006
Product Name : DIESEL FUEL CONDITIONER
Not classied as hazardous
1. IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE/PREPARATION AND COMPANY
Product Name DIESEL FUEL CONDITIONER
Company Name Flashlube
Address 172 Roden St West Melbourne
Victoria 3003 Australia
Emergency Tel. Flashlube 03 9329 8200
Telephone/Telex
Number
Tel: 03 9329 8200 Fax: 03 9329 0682
Product Use Diesel fuel conditioner
Other Information Visit our website: www.flashlube.com.au
2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
Composition,
information on
ingredients
Mixture containing severely refined base oils and additives
Dangerous
Components /
Constituents
Solvent Naphtha 5-10%
Xn, N; R 51/53- 65-66-67
Naphthalene 0.1-1%
Xn, N; R22- 40- 50/53
Pseudocumene 0.1-1%
Xn, N; R 10-20-36/37/38- 51-53
Mesitylene 0.1-1%
Xn, N; R10-37- 51/53
Information on
Composition
For the wording of the listed risk phrases refer to section 16
3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
Hazards Identication By handling of mineral oil products and chemical products no particular hazard
is known when normal precautions (item 7) and personal protective equipment

Personaly I would use two stroke oil at 1:300 ratio. I started using this in my shogun before getting the Landy with no problems and have continued the usage for the last 15 months with my landy. Would not surprise me at all if the mineral oil used in this product was low ash 2 stroke. As for cleaning the injectors put a dose of forte injector cleaner through your fuel every 6000 miles.
As for coating the catalyst with oil, the mineral oil is burned off in the combustion chamber as it is dissolved with the diesel in the tank. After all diesel is oil.

Cheers Brian.

Last edited by Lorryman100 on 15th Dec 2010 8:58pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #48466 14th Dec 2010 11:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SiWhite

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Brian,

Have you noticed an improvement using the two stroke? I finally plucked up the courage to use some last night and it seems quieter but I suspect it is psychosomatic...! My blog - www.anacreinhampshire.blogspot.co.uk

110 TD5 BuildHERE - sold!
110 Tdci Build HERE - sold!
Passat Alltrack - 4x4, auto, 45mpg, gloriously comfortable - but not a Defender!
Post #48468 14th Dec 2010 12:25pm
Lorryman100

SiWhite wrote:

Brian,

Have you noticed an improvement using the two stroke? I finally plucked up the courage to use some last night and it seems quieter but I suspect it is psychosomatic...!

Simon,

as I have used 2T from new I only notice the difference when I don't put the 2T in the tank. The engine knocks on a cold morning, the engine sounds a little rougher and the accelerating is just not right! I went through a trial period of not using the 2T oil to see if the extra expense was justified. Had some issues with uneven running which I found out to be the supermarket fuel I was using and not the lack of 2T oil. Then used shell v-power for a while and the engine sounded the same as with using 2T oil. Unfortunatly shell v-power is very expensive compared to supermarket fuel and after a short period of time would cost more than what I am paying for 2T oil. Site sponsor Opie Oils will deliver 4 litres to your door for Ł24 which will do 13 tankfulls of fuel. Not worked out the v-power difference as I have returned to using 2T oil. The fact that Low sulphur diesel fuel has removed the main lubricant (Sulphur), for the fuel pump and injectors not using some kind of lubricant or additive to protect them is in my view an expensive problem waiting to happen.

Also as you have just started using 2T oil in your fuel, dont panic if you see a plume of black smoke behind you under heavy accelaration as this is the carbon and soot deposits in your engine being burned off. Once things settle down the engine will run smoother and not clatter as much. But as you said, it could all be in my head........psychosomatic...!.....Jeez what a scary thought.......... Rolling with laughter
Post #48470 14th Dec 2010 12:51pm
bjartin

Norway 
Thanks to Brian for the detailed info.

It's probably best to continue with what you feel safe at, but the hope is to come across something even better! But is it better?
I go back to the 2-stroke oil (maybe!). 1:300 ratio / 200 ml:60 Litre
I used it to my Freelander2, but I dare not say whether it had any positive impact .....

Click image to enlarge

I also have another product that I want to try:

Click image to enlarge

TWIN Plus.
Protects and improves the performance of modern diesel engines. Completely synthetic.
Lubricates and cleans pumps and injectors.
TWIN Plus is a fundamental protective additive for maintaining absolute efficiency in modern diesel vehicles. The protective additive dissolves easily and immediately in diesel even if biodiesel is present. Used every 1000 km, it helps maintain the fuel delivery and injection systems in modern diesel engines clean. It raises the cetane number, improves the energy efficiency of the combustion process and helps the engine operate more regularly, reducing noise and vibration. It improves the engine`s performance and thus leads to reductions in fuel consumption. It also reduces the emission of uncombusted hydrocarbons and ensures the perfect efficiency of the valves and the EGR recirculation system. It extends the life of the particle traps and reduces the amount of thermal stress these types of filters are subject to.
It prevents oxidation of fuel and the consequent formation of sludge in the tank caused by diesel that is heated when returning from the high pressure pump.

The use of TWIN Plus guarantees impressive performance for sportive driving and a notable reduction in diesel consumption when the vehicle is used on an everyday basis.

LŽUtilizzo ogni 1000 km favorisce la pulizia dellŽimpianto di alimentazione ed iniezione dei moderni motori Diesel.
=
Using every 1000 km for easy cleaning of the fuel injection and modern diesel engines.

Modo dŽuso: il flacone da 500ml è dotato di un dosatore da 100ml. Sollevare la parte superiore del tappo ROSSO estrarre ed aprire la cannula. Premere il flacone e riempire la vaschetta dosatrice fino al livello di 100ml. Aggiungere al gasolio nel serbatoio con almeno 10 litri di carburante. Utilizzare la prima dose da 100ml in occasione del tagliando di manutenzione programmata, e le successive 4 dosi in occasione dei successivi rifornimenti di gasolio. LŽuso continuativo del prodotto nelle dosi indicate consente una operazione di pulizia corretta e graduata nel tempo.
=
How to use: 500ml dispenser is equipped with a 100 ml. Lift the top of the RED cap and pull open the cannula. Squeeze bottle and fill the tank up to the dosing level of 100 ml. Add the oil in the tank with 10 gallons of fuel. Use the first dose of 100ml at the cutting scheduled maintenance, and subsequent 4 doses in the event of subsequent supplies of diesel. Your continued use of the product in the doses given you a proper cleaning and graduated in time.

I got this DOSING SYSTEM by the Registro Italiano Land Rover.

Click image to enlarge
 Puma 90 MY 2010 (sold 2017)
Defender 110 MY 2001

http://www.youtube.com/bjartin
Post #48505 14th Dec 2010 4:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1