Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
acuss01

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Quote:
Albion

how retro did you want to go...? care of Exmoor Trim...15"

Gosh, that looks positively 1930's Shocked Its nice, but maybe not for my situation. I agree with X4SKP and jk84 that the Startech looks most 'in-keeping' with the interior although I also like the Mota-Lita. Think I'll wait on this one until I've seen some of these fitted in other people's trucks Idea

Meanwhile my next mod is a padded cubby top box just ordered from FCX. Matt reckons he can make one to match the LR premium leather seats we've got. (Oddly, if I'd chosen my seats in any of the colour combinations except plain black, it would have been factory included). I have also ordered a Puma glove box from FCX as I quickly realise this space is rather wasted!

Click image to enlarge

Now, trying to resist any more mods for a while. Well at least..er, a week.. Embarassed 2015 110 XS CSW Montalcino Red with Black Pack
Post #421854 7th May 2015 8:51pm
jk84

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Well, I look forward to seeing the padded cubby box from Matt! I only found out through this forum that the black black combo does not have the premium one (ticked this for mine as well) and it's only the contrast leather spec - what a nonsense...but one just needs to look at that steering wheel that LR puts in Wink

If the one from Matt looks nice, I must get it eventually - although I did promise my wife that I will only spend on necessary mods at the beginning Embarassed But I plan to go down to Matt's for BAS anyway so might as well save on fuel Very Happy
Post #422073 8th May 2015 5:44pm
Housey_d444

2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Alveston Red
That red and black looks awsome, ive ordered a 90 in it and cant wait now.
Post #424633 18th May 2015 10:36pm
schuee

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
^

I agree the colour combination looks great, I had been thinking of getting a padded cubby box lid and glove box, if and when you do fit them, if you could post some pics mate.

Cheers

Keith
Post #424940 19th May 2015 10:48pm
acuss01

Yeah will do. Just waiting for it to arrive! 2015 110 XS CSW Montalcino Red with Black Pack
Post #425044 20th May 2015 10:44am
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Hi, just been reading your rather old thread now with interest. Any new updates/photo's?

Thanks
Post #450957 31st Aug 2015 10:23pm
acuss01

Update 4 months of ownership
Had my first Defender for just over four months now. So I thought I would update my observations...

Modifications - okay I get the obsession..! I keep finding lots of things I 'need'. For example I've just had a DLR bumper, KBX vents and Wipac LED light fitted by CSK (site sponsor). Now I am looking at JW Speaker headlights which 2 months ago I had absolutely no 'need' for whatsoever Shocked . However my favourite modification so far is my Bowler Motorsport remap Very Happy .

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Security - folk are rightly proud of their Defenders, especially the more they personalise them. And reading this forum makes you think everyone is out to nick it. Consequently, I prioritised security mods and it now takes me about ½ an hour to get into my own truck.

Camping - I'd love a roof tent, but with two young kids I can guess who'd be in it! So we bought a Oztent RV-5 from 4x4Overlander (site sponsor). Very happy with it, although its not really as quick to set up when you buy all the accessories. However, I think if you're a family guy like me and you a buy a Defender, camping is what its all about!

Click image to enlarge

Offroading - I didn't buy a Defender to polish on the driveway, so didn't waste time taking it off road. First we did the course at Billing and then did an adventure drive with Landcraft in Wales. Although I did the LR Experience beforehand, I learned a lot more and was seriously impressed with the vehicles abilities. Made me very happy…except that my wife hit a tree at Billing and we needed a new bumper and small repair… Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Shows - We've been to Dunsfold and Billing so far this year. Despite the negative comments about Billing going 'down hill' I thought it was a great show. I would definitely go again. What I like about any event is how friendly everyone is - people have a genuine passion and interest - and a story to tell. I never encountered this with my old Astra.. We'll be camping at LRO show (a year after we first mooched about decided to take the plunge and put down a deposit). I'd also like to join a local club, but there isn't one for London exactly, so I'll need to choose between Surrey & S London, Kent and Chilterns, which are all about equidistant.

Summary - I've totally got used to the big steering wheel (no I don't want to change it), the lack of elbow room, the poor turning circle, the fears of parking etc… Its all worth it and I LOVE IT. 2015 110 XS CSW Montalcino Red with Black Pack
Post #451192 1st Sep 2015 9:00pm
JOW240725

Great update, thank you. I'm in the same position as you, owning our 110 for 6 months now and dead keen on getting some mods done, hence reading your posts with interest!

Have you looked at middle seat mods? We find our young kids in their boaster seats are very upright so fall forward when sleeping.
Post #451320 2nd Sep 2015 9:38am
acuss01

Yeah both 2nd and 3rd row seats are bolt upright. We have two child seats, the oldest in a booster has just got used to sleeping like that. There isn't much you can do, I read on this forum about changing the 'rake' of the second row seats, but looks a faff. Incidentally, we tend to have the kids seats on the third row because that way you don't lose seating space for other passengers. I wished the third row seats went back further, but haven't seen an affordable remedy. Maybe ask Chris at CSK (who is a good 'all-rounder'). 2015 110 XS CSW Montalcino Red with Black Pack
Post #451351 2nd Sep 2015 11:59am
timshortland

United Kingdom 
Great looking car and really helpful update. I have also gone for the premium seats and plan to get a cubby lid from FCx - do you have any pics of yours at all - struggling to find one I like the look of. Many thanks Tim
Post #451389 2nd Sep 2015 1:42pm
acuss01

Here are some CU pics of a few mods. First the FCX Cubby Box Lid. I told Matt I had the premium leather seats with white stitch and he had something made to match. I am quite happy with it, although I didn't realise what a faff it would be to fit - and there were no instructions supplied by FCX. (OK maybe not a faff if you've done it before, but if you're a noob like me its a bit tricky).

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Here is a pic of the Wipac LED lights. I did consider RDX but nothing really in it price wise - and CSK recommended Wipac who are an official LR supplier.You can also see the retro badge I had fitted, bought on eBay.

Click image to enlarge

And here is a CU of the DRL bumper lights. I prefer this strip style light to the small spotlights that UT and others do. I am happy with it, although the lights aren't flush with the front of the bumper as I'd expected but slightly recessed.

Click image to enlarge

Finally I had a strap made to retain the Ardcase pedal lock. Wasn't delighted to find my expensive floor mat cut up by CSK, but I guess it was unavoidable

Click image to enlarge

I look forward to the LRO Show to meet other folk and see their trucks. Its always a great inspiration to me on what mods I might look to in the future. 2015 110 XS CSW Montalcino Red with Black Pack

Last edited by acuss01 on 3rd Sep 2015 12:37pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #451463 2nd Sep 2015 4:54pm
timshortland

United Kingdom 
Thx for posting
Post #451564 2nd Sep 2015 8:53pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
+1
good thread Cool
Post #451594 2nd Sep 2015 9:32pm
JOW240725

Ditto the above. Thanks for the thread, i look forward to updates in the future as something tells me this won't be the end of the mods!!
Post #451696 3rd Sep 2015 9:10am
JOW240725

Hi Andrew, I see you've been back to CSK again! Whatcha had done this time??

Also, did you do you're Wales greenlaning weekend with the kids? If so how did they get on, were they welcomed? We want to get away somewhere with our kids but just not sure how it will go.

Thanks, James
Post #472846 15th Nov 2015 10:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>