↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > TNT Couriers fail to collect twice in a row.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Brewstop

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Zambezi Silver
TNT Couriers fail to collect twice in a row.
Just a small word of caution if you choose to use TNT

I booked a collection for a 45x45x35 cm 11.5kg package for Monday, I had a larger package collected by TNT from the same address in May, no issues.

Collection booked from 0900 to 1730 on Monday, no show, no record of why not, collection rebooked for Tuesday,

Here is the customer service live chat.....

Welcome to TNT. Someone will be with you shortly
You are now chatting with 'Samantha'
Samantha: Hello, you're through to Samantha. How can I help you today?
Me: Hello, we were just speaking, I had a no show yesterday, rebooked for today between 0900 and 1730, with 35 minutes to go of that collection window, will TNT collect my parcel today?
Samantha: Hello.
Samantha: This is all booked for today.
Samantha: There is no failed collection against your booking.
Me: With respect, it was booked for yesterday.
Samantha: I understand and do apologise Iain.
Me: The person at the collection address is becoming upset, he has stayed in for two days now, can you guarantee the parcel will be collected today please?
Samantha: I am afraid this is not 100% guaranteed.
Samantha: But if the sender prefers they are able to drop this at the depot?
Me: Ok, what is your refund policy?
Samantha: You just need to contact us back Iain.
Samantha: But please allow till 17:30pm
Samantha: I am now going to transfer you to my colleague, who will be able to help you further. One moment please.
Me: Thank you
Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Tom'.
You are now chatting with 'Tom'
Tom: Hello, you're through to Tom. How can I help you today?
Me: Hello Tom, can you see the precceding chat?
Tom: Please could you allow me a minute to read this Iain?
Me: Please do
Tom: Thanks.
Tom: Please could you confirm the collection address?
Me: Mr ******************
Tom: Thanks.
Me: I used TNT to collect another parcel last month from this same address with no issues.
Tom: Collection may occur tonight as the drivers do collect up to 5.30pm and out of hours till later. Would you like me to rebook collection for tomorrow as a precaution as this will not affect the chances of collection tonight?
Me: No thank you, the sender cant afford another day
Mel: Why wasnt the parcel collected yesterday?
Tom: I’m really sorry that things went wrong here. Unfortunately the driver has not left record of why the collection failed, so I’m unable to clarify why this happened. Failed collections can happen for a wide variety of reasons.
Me: I understand that, my concern is todays collection will fail too
Tom: Collection could happen tonight as our drivers do collect up to 5.30pm and out of hours.
Me: I assume by your answers that you have no method of checking an individual drivers route or manifest.
Tom: Unfortunately not Iain, I apologise for this.
Me: Thank you, I realise this isnt your fault.
Me: What options can you offer me to resolve the situation?
Tom: You could drop this off at a TNT depot, your nearest one is: TNT Maidstone
Tom: Hall Road,Aylesford,Nr Maidstone,Kent
Tom: ME20 7TR
Me: Ok, I've paid for door to door though
Tom: I know, this is just if it was easier for you, collection could be tonight however.
Tom: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: If the collection isn't made tonight, can you upgrade the servive as a goodwill gesture for failing to collect twice?
Me: service*
Tom: Unfortunately I cannot offer you an upgrade to a timed service unless you are willing to pay the extra charge.
Me: You would like me to pay an extra charge for a service I havent recieved?
Tom: I am very sorry for this but I cannot upgrade you free of charge.
Me: What can you do to provide the service I have paid for please?
Tom: I cannot offer you any sort of upgrade free of charge. The only options we really have available is that I could rebook collection for tomorrow and mark this as important or you could drop this off at a nearby depot?
Me: The depot is over an hour away, I will have to renegotiate with the seller of the item. I dont understand why you are unable to explain why you cannot collect this item.
Me: Why was the rebooked collection not marked as important? Also, out of hours collections are not mentioned when booking.
Tom: Unfortunately the driver has not given a reason for the failed collection.
Me: Ok, please can you ensure that a full record of this is attatched to this file please. If the seller refuses to drop the item at the depot, I would like a full refund please.
Tom: I can offer you a refund if there is nothing else we can do for you Iain. Collection could have occurred this evening however. Smile
Tom: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: Thank you for your time Tom, I will advise the seller that collection 'may' occur tonight and I will be in touch tomorrow.
Tom: No problem.
Tom: Have a great evening Iain.
Tom: Many thanks for contacting TNT Direct Online. The chat will automatically close in 60 seconds unless you have another question. If there's anything else we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to come back to us.
The chat session has been closed by your TNT representative.

Live chat this morning after the second collection was missed....

Welcome to TNT. Someone will be with you shortly
You are now chatting with 'Samantha'
Samantha: Hello, you're through to Samantha. How can I help you today?
Me: Good morning, I would like a refund for a failed collection two days running please.
Samantha: Hello Iain.
Samantha: I am very sorry to hear this.
Samantha: Can you confirm your TNT reference please Iain.
Me: it is TNT*********
Samantha: Thank you
Samantha: Could you confirm the full collection address for me please?
Me: Mr ***************************
Samantha: Thank you
Samantha: I am very sorry this was not collected.
Me: Booked for monday, not collected, rebooked for yesterday and not collected,
Samantha: I understand and do apologise.
Me: I'd just like a refund please, I've had to use another carrier
Samantha: I have now cancelled this on our system for you. Whilst I have also requested a cancellation with the depot, I must advise that there is a possibility that the collection may still be attempted by the driver should the depot not receive the request in time. Should this be the case, you must refuse collection in order to avoid having your refund rejected.
Samantha: There are two ways we can refund your order for you. Either we can pay the amount of £29.58 back to the original source of payment, or alternatively we can offer you an enhanced amount of £33 which we can add to your prepay account for use on future parcel deliveries.
Me: I'd like the original amout back please, I'm sorry, I wont be using TNT again
Samantha: As requested, I have now arranged for a refund back to the original source of payment. This can take up to two working days to process.
Me: Thank you
Samantha: Not a problem at all Iain. My apologises again.
Samantha: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: No thank you, I appreciate your time this morning.
Samantha: Of course, not a problem at all Iain.
Samantha: Have a lovely day.
Samantha: Many thanks for contacting TNT Direct Online. The chat will automatically close in 60 seconds unless you have another question. If there's anything else we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to come back to us.
The chat session has been closed by your TNT representative. Sandy
Post #435257 2nd Jul 2015 10:30am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Welcome to our world !

We send hundreds of parcels out on a weekly basis, mainly by Parcelforce but also TNT and probably every other courier going depending on the location they are going to (sometimes Parcel Monkey will be half the price to ship to Australia than Parcel Force and then when they're chosen courier turns up its Parcrl Force anyway) and they all at sometime or another mess up, don't turn up, lose stuff etc etc
Post #435263 2nd Jul 2015 10:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
I've always found UPS good.
Post #435265 2nd Jul 2015 10:56am
jimbob7

DPD have always been the best for me.....or have I been lucky?I only wish (all) the parcel companies kept the drivers on the same routes,the familiarity really helps but keep em sweet and they move mountains for you. Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #435285 2nd Jul 2015 12:08pm
bluebottle

United Kingdom 
DPD lost my parcel the other week - booked it in at the depot and then never heard of or seen again!
Post #435307 2nd Jul 2015 2:26pm
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
TNT and DPD are the only ones who collect and deliver on time around me. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #435315 2nd Jul 2015 2:47pm
Barney12

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
I feel your pain. We send out circa 100-200 parcels a week from here. We've tried most of them over the years. Probably the worst of the buch were Sh*tyLink who have of course now gone pop.
TNT were also very poor. We now use Interlink who by in large are very good.
Often the problems are regional as you are at the mercy of the local hub.

At home we buy alot from Amazon and they largely use DPD and they're very good. The local driver (a very nice lady I might add) has got used to where we are and now after several months has been brave enough to get out of her van when the dogs are loose in the garden. Mr. Green
Post #435326 2nd Jul 2015 3:36pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
We use TNT at work and found them to be mostly OK, but their IT system is poo.

If the driver cannot collect for any reason (snow, operation stack having closed down half of Kent, etc) there is no way for this to be recorded and the system simply ignores that collection and you have to rebook. When we had proper snow a few years back, we stopped using TNT for a week until they were back online - the drivers were told to deal with the backlog of deliveries before they made anymore collections - but of course we were not told this. So the computer system would happily book you on, the person on the phone would blithely say that you were booked in for collection, but no attempt would have been made to collect.

Most of the other courier companies are as bad, or worse (Big Dave excepted).
Post #435348 2nd Jul 2015 5:23pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Whilst we do not send out the hundreds of parcels per week we have used various couriers including TNT.

Whilst not excusing TNT for not collecting the parcel 2 days running, as much as I hate to say it not all courier problems are down to the drivers. So partially in defence of courier drivers

When we first set up 4x4 Overlander I was speaking to a courier driver about parcels going missing. He said that one of the problems was poor attachment of labels and promptly removed one of the labels on the parcel to us. How was he supposed to deliver that one? Since then when we send out parcels the address label is in an adhesive envelope which is then has extra packing tape on. Large/heavy parcels gets 2 labels on.

Inadequate packing? We got a consignment with absolutely no damage to boxes however contents damaged as inadequate packing between items allowing items to rub against each other causing damage to surfaces. That packer got a thick ear! Looking inside courier vehicles you heavy objects in inadequate cardboard boxes where boxes and no cushioning inside box so box is self destructing.

Customers not providing correct address can prove fun and games.

Then there is the simple work load put on drivers.

We have not had many problems with UPS and TNT. There drivers are paid a wage. The worst couriers in our experience are the couriers who pay their drivers so much per delivery or ATTEMPTED delivery. That encourages the less ethical driver to 'pretend' to deliver goods so they get extra pay.

Brendan
Post #435360 2nd Jul 2015 6:00pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
We Use APC at work and they are on the whole very good. Thumbs Up

However, since they took on loads of Citylink staff when it folded and the service has gone down hill a bit. There are now loads more restrictions on what we can and can't send which according to our usual driver is "coz they are lazy truckers who can't be bothered to lift a box" (or words to that effect) Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #435421 2nd Jul 2015 10:13pm
piecost76

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I ship over 2,000 daily & have used most of the major brands.

In short, you get what you pay for - obviously. Premium brands such as UPS and DPD are better and Interlink being a subsidiary of Geopost shares the common IT DNA with DPD so they are not as bad as one thinks. For my job, it is a case of will the extra 0.5% of delivery success recover me nearly £1M in extra parcel cost - clearly not!

Currently we are using Parcelforce and have recently changed to them from Yodel. The experience has been positive but their customer care can be lacking at times - a kind of public sector mentality I suppose!

TNT suffered badly from the abandoned merger/takeover by UPS in 2012 and have been struggling to sort themselves out ever since. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

2015 110 XS UW sadly stolen 21/11/2017
Post #435469 3rd Jul 2015 8:35am
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
I've found TNT worst for showing up, and worst for showing up repeatedly after cancelling a booking with them and sending with another courier.

UPS have only let us down once for a pick up, and that was when our regular driver (who is great) was off. He was replaced for a fortnight by someone completely useless. On that occasion a very important package failed collection on the first day and was collected so late on the second day it wasn't actually in the system soon enough and didn't arrived until the fifth day and far too late.
Post #435519 3rd Jul 2015 12:56pm
walfy

I had a battery changed out under warranty recently. Company used UK Mail. God knows why.

Anyway, It was posted to me on the Fri with a estimated delivery of either the Sat or the Mon. No worries, I needed the batt to fit to my quad as I was away on the Wed.
Sat no delivery, no worries from me.
Mon, no delivery so called them to explain I needed a change of address to my office. No worries. Tues AM, text from courier confirming address to office.
Tues, No delivery. So now fit an old spare battery to my quad.

Away for a week so didn't chase it. Returned from my trip and called battery company.

It turns out they had tried to deliver everyday that they promised. Excuses they used,

1, Courier couldn't find the building
2, Courier found the building but no one knew me
3, Courier couldn't find building again
4, Battery was now damaged so they've returned it to the batt company

Trouble is, the office I work in is a buzzer system on the front door. You ring the bell of the company you want, they then buzz you in. Simples.
In my building there are 3 companys. The 1 I work for, accountants, who do my accounts, and the last company is an interior design company who I liaise with regularily as I organise the fire safety within the building and as H&S manager chat to them often.
Plus when they buzz my company, the phone that rings is on my wifes desk.

When it was finally delivered, it was a different driver and he found us straight away.

So UKMAil, are a complete waste of time. Would never use them by choice 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #435711 4th Jul 2015 10:44am
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
Don't get me started on ukmail.

One of there "depots" is a house 3 doors down from me. Every day a 7.5 ton truck stops in the road and dumps out the back (yes literally the driver just chucks) 8-10 parcel bags out the back of the truck onto the road. The people who live there then drag the bags up into the garage where they sort them and then throw them into a fleet of about 7 vans who when shoot out the drive and spend all day delivering them. They get deliveries all times of the day and night making all sorts of noise and having vans sat on tickover waiting in the road to be loaded.

Cannot recommend using them at all!! Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #435790 4th Jul 2015 9:09pm
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
Our local UK Mail driver is fine, knows us and delivers and collects reasonably frequently with no problems usually.

We've had APC delivering stuff mid afternoon for a pre 10AM delivery slot of refrigerated drugs, that wasn't great. Thankfully all the ice was still icy!

I think the biggest issue is quality control of the drivers TBH. Get a good local driver and you'll have a good service.
Post #435975 5th Jul 2015 7:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1