↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Photo and idea request! USW load bay build.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Matt110

United Kingdom 
Photo and idea request! USW load bay build.
Hello all Very Happy

Hoping you can help me.

I've got a 110 USW. I'm about to start building the rear out so its useable for camping, somewhere to put the passive sub box etc, I've done a quick search, found a couple of pictures. Not many so thought I'd ask in a thread.

Anyone got any photos of the back load area of their 110 USW? I know I need to fit a fridge, a sub box, etc. I like the mss drawer systems but put off slightly by the cost so might make one if it turns out that's a good idea.

How do people store stuff/board out the back?

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. I have a blank canvas! Thumbs Up

Thanks.
Post #433571 25th Jun 2015 12:24pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
I converted my SW to a USW, as I don't have kids and don't want back seat drivers. (anti-social).
I also removed all the seats, utilised the second row for speakers/amp/sub and crossovers, as well as a box for shooting gear/wellies etc.
I did put a longline drawer in, as it's handy for storing guns in, they are well made though eye wateringly expensive...buy once/ buy right..as they say.

I will be adding an extension from the front of the drawer, so I have a sleeping platform for the odd one nighter.

If you want inspiration for making drawers and storage solutions, here's a couple of links.

http://landie-universe.tumblr.com/post/103051929823

and 160 pages of drawer ideas... http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/thre...age-system
Post #433576 25th Jun 2015 12:39pm
stanley

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
I've got some TGE panels , webbing straps and buckles, Muduk net pockets and a homemade drawer system to put in mine when I get a few days to myself to get it done ,
Plan is to make it more dog friendly for my labs , the webbing is to hold a first aid kit ' net pockets form all the bits and bobs , I also have some hooks to hang leads on etc
Will post pics when I eventually get it all done
Post #433577 25th Jun 2015 12:41pm
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
I have just started building a rear drawer for my 110. So far have build the box so its the full length of the tub and same height as the wheel arches.

I will have one drawer 31"x24" (External dimensions) in 18mm ply.
Room for two batteries at the rear and hopefully a water tank of sorts in the middle.
With the space left, I will hopefully create another single sliding shelf for other bits such as tow rope/other flat bits. 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #433595 25th Jun 2015 1:29pm
bcp

2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I was keen to construct a hinged platform that will sit on top of the folded second row seats and allow a blow up mattress to be used for camping.
Post #433615 25th Jun 2015 6:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1