↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Collected My 15MY Defender 90 XS Station Wagon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
David87

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Collected My 15MY Defender 90 XS Station Wagon
And I absolutely love it! I'd fancied a Defender for ages and put my name down for a Heritage edition as soon as they were announced back in January. I was second on the list for a car and the dealer assured me that, although they were officially only getting one Heritage 90 SW, they would be able to get another and that it would be mine. Sadly, a couple if weeks ago they gave me a ring to let me know that this was not the case and that I couldn't get a car. Sad This meant I had to look at something else!

My initial reaction was to move my deposit to a Landmark, but then I had a look at Land Rover's used car locator and realised I could get an XS in a spec that's at least as nice as the Landmark (the lack of the black Sawtooth alloys as part of its Black Pack is a real downside for me), plus I didn't have to wait! Mr. Green After discovering that nice Defenders are in massive demand - the first few I called about were sold - I stumbled upon the car you see below. It had just been listed for sale and I managed to get in there before anyone else had a chance! It was a long way from me, way up in Stockport, but it looked bang-on in the photographs, so I was more than happy to pay a deposit and make the journey to the dealer.

To say I was more than happy with it when I saw it in the metal is an understatement; it's in a great spec and looks literally brand new, despite having covered 3,500 miles. It transpired that it was the dealer's showroom car, before being purchased by their MD, hence it has some nice options on it, such as the ebony / lunar contrast premium front seats, Black Pack and an Alston suede headlining (I did't even know you could get that on a Defender?!).

Don't want to do too much to it really. A couple of tiny bits need sorting in that one of the front indicators keeps getting a bit damp inside, while the steering wheel is a couple of degrees off-centre and it's incredibly annoying when driving in a straight line!

Only modifications planned are:

1. A tow bar of some description. Not sure exactly what yet!
2. An LED headlamp upgrade. I'd like to keep it all legal and OEM, so hopefully the LED units from the Adventure / Autobiography will be available from Land Rover at some point in the near future. If not, I'll just leave them as they are as the halogens aren't too bad.

Anyway, here are some pictures! Thumbs Up

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by David87 on 24th May 2015 11:37pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #426011 24th May 2015 11:15pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Tidy Thumbs Up
Post #426014 24th May 2015 11:20pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
What a beauty. No need for new when you can have something like that.
Have you thought about the "ribbed alumumium" (SVX) front crash plate,....looks good I reckon, cleans up the front underside "view". I love "O.E'", so I'd be having the Dealer fit one of the "Factory" towpacks,...probably costs more,...but that's me!
Lovely vehicle, Pickles.
Post #426018 24th May 2015 11:58pm
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Looks great - congratulations.
Post #426021 25th May 2015 12:13am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Great looking truck, congratulations Thumbs Up

The dealer may have had an aftermarket steering wheel on it at some point and swapped back to the standard and not quite got the wheel straight, it's an easy fix.

If it's a keeper then get it professionally undersealed, check out the thread by Zagato.

Security is the other main consideration and a 'search' on here will tell you all you need to know.

Above all, enjoy ! Mr. Green
Post #426030 25th May 2015 6:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
seaweed

Australia 
Fantastic congratulations. mmm
Post #426034 25th May 2015 6:55am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
With XS specification I'm surprised it doesn't come with towpack as standard? I also bought an ex demonstrator with exactly the same mileage yours has covered and saved nearly £7k on list price. Nice truck....

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!

Last edited by K9F on 25th May 2015 9:12am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #426061 25th May 2015 9:03am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
Narp - but it does have aircon and a radio... Rolling Eyes

Lovely looking truck and all round good find... Thumbs Up
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #426063 25th May 2015 9:11am
Olsey

Australia 
Looks sweet!

Mine looks very similar to yours except mine doesn't have black pack wheel arches and headlining plus I've got black terrafirmas instead of sawtooths.

Such a good look with the black on corris grey. You should considered powder coating the aluminium tread on the steps black...it just takes away too much on the black/grey theme for my liking. It's a bit of a job but will set it off nicely.

Last edited by Olsey on 25th May 2015 9:44am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #426064 25th May 2015 9:12am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Re: Collected My 15MY Defender 90 XS Station Wagon
David87 wrote:
2. An LED headlamp upgrade. I'd like to keep it all legal and OEM, so hopefully the LED units from the Adventure / Autobiography will be available from Land Rover at some point in the near future. If not, I'll just leave them as they are as the halogens aren't too bad.

NOT from Land Rover .......

leeds wrote:
The LED headlights fitted to the Adventure and the other specials are Nolden lights. You can of course get them from your local Land Rover dealer at a silly price and to the best of my knowledge not before June. If you are wanting, them before then and at a sensible price, ( with a special forum member discount) then we are the only people with RHD Nolden lights in stock.
As TJ101 says it is down to personal preference which are best, but having 2 Defenders, one with JWSpeakers and one with Noldens, I personally prefer the Noldens
Regards
Barbara

http://www.4x4overlander.com/ If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #426065 25th May 2015 9:16am
Aaron

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Atlantis Blue
Looks great! Exactly the spec I was considering pre my V8 purchase. Enjoy! They are great fun ex-MY1998 Defender 50th GB343 5.0L JE Supersports
MY2000 TVR Griffith 500
MY2003 TVR Cerbera SP6
Post #426073 25th May 2015 10:23am
steve E

Wales 
Lovely👍
Post #426077 25th May 2015 10:43am
GypsySamuraiAnt

Australia 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
Beautiful Thumbs Up
Post #426082 25th May 2015 10:50am
David87

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Thanks for the replies so far, guys. To respond to some points:

Yeah, with the tow options I'll be going for OEM. Whilst I have no doubt that some aftermarket options are more flexible, I just want the proper JLR parts as if they'd been from the factory! The factory tow option (028AK, £305) was not standard on any trim level, unfortunately.

Undersealing is actually something I'm looking to get done too. No way would I want to tackle it myself, so the Zagato thread is very useful, thanks.

With regard to security, I've ordered a Disklok and have been looking at trackers, but I have got GAP insurance should the worst happen Shocked . Mr. Green

Very interesting to hear that the Land Rover LED headlamps are actually the Nolden ones. That's great news!
Post #426123 25th May 2015 2:40pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Great looking Defender Thumbs Up

Quote:
the steering wheel is a couple of degrees off-centre and it's incredibly annoying when driving in a straight line!

Take off the centre padding undo the nut partially (to stop the wheel hitting you in the face when you pull it off) then rock the wheel from side to side to loosen the wheel take off the nut then the steering wheel from the splined shaft reposition it job sorted. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #426126 25th May 2015 2:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1