↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Angry!!! Dilemma...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
leeds

United Kingdom 
Yes it is extremely annoying, however do not assume it was your neighbours/bin owners.

Two(?) years ago Masai had a nice looking red 90 on standard tree stumps on their stand at Peterborough.

That was keyed on the Saturday night down to the bare metal. That is at a Land Rover show where it might be assumed that people were LR/Defender friendly.

You might just be a chance victim of a vandal or you might be a targeted victim.

Brendan
Post #396355 6th Feb 2015 10:44am
Mac87

England 
Sucks doesn't it that you can't expect to leave your car and come back to it in the same condition you left it.

When I had my D3 and had a short time living in a town, someone kept smashing one of the wing mirrors clean off. Must have done 4 in a month (not cheap). Also kept throwing my recycling bins at my house late at night, even though they were on my path, in the garden, not on the pavement or anything.

One night I was hosting a poker night, and heard the bins hitting the house, cue 5 or 6 of us from the rugby club piling out the front door and giving chase, and he led us right to his house. Let him know in no uncertain terms that he'd very much regret coming round and touching my car or my house again.

Thing was, he wasn't your average yob, he must have been about 50 and dressed quite respectably, fairly decent house, needless to say never had any more incidents.
Post #396364 6th Feb 2015 11:12am
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
It could also have been an accident, my first D3 got Keyed on a ferry. As it turns out it was a plump lady with a Censored big buckle on her hand bag. The people sat next to us witnessed it and told me what had happened as she squeezed past the cars, god knows how many more cars she damaged.

Best advice...... let it go and smile Thumbs Up 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #396367 6th Feb 2015 11:18am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Wangers wrote:
Where abouts in London - having both contacts Wink , and a a defender Very Happy I am sure I can assist. Whistle

Likewise. Permanent Guards Battalion of 400+ based nearby who would always be happy to 'have a quiet' word with one of this Censored holes.....Indeed the Senior Company in each Guards' regiment has a minimum height requirement of 6'2". When I left the Grenadiers, average height in the Queen's Company was 6'5" for 100+ Guardsmen, the tallest being a smidge under 7ft. They could always pay a visit.... Whistle

On a serious note, anti-social behaviour is one of the main reasons I left the UK. Not London, as you expect it in a mega city. But when small rural towns are seeing it, it's gone too far. For London you have to accept the good with the bad. Also, as others have pointed out, there's no saying it simply wasn't some other p***k walking home Censored .

Far less AS behavious here in the Alps, but not unheard of. If it's a fight, it's invariably a Censored Brit on hols or seasonaire. If it's a car being keyed or having wipers broken, it is usually the French on British cars (we are not popular). Fortunately mine is LHD and French Plated, but I have yet to find out if the Mil Spec Union Flag on the rear will cause any trouble. Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Sadly David, as far as London is concerned you will just have to bite the bullet. Even with CCTV evidence the local Five-0 take little or no interest. Good luck to you. Study hard, party like there's no tomorrow, get your 'Desmond' and get out.....then take your Defender and hit the open road Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #396371 6th Feb 2015 11:36am
defender4

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
A "Desmond" - I like that.

What's a 3rd? Don't answer that!

But as far as the original tale is concerned, all I can do is offer my sympathies. I seem to remember reading that the great majority of neighbours ' disputes relate to parking. Maybe a dashcam would help see who did it but even then what can you do?
Post #396377 6th Feb 2015 12:15pm
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Sickening

We had MrsK's MG TF damaged when it was only a few days old so I know how you feel.

Let's hope there's no recurrence, and most of the damage polishes out (most of it polished out of the MG).

Some tw*t also poured a can of coca cola over my parked motorbike one night. Why oh why would anyone do anything like that?

Once at throwing out time in Birmingham, I saw a bloke run along a line parked of cars, on every bonnet, roof, boot, and then jump onto the next parked car - he must have run over at least 15 cars. Tw*t.

Hope it works out OK and no recurrence. Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #396409 6th Feb 2015 2:33pm
watts

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Gutting davidwhittaker!

Had the same thing happen with my 90 CSW a few years ago, the feeling is pretty poor. I almost wished they'd nicked the spare wheel off the back or something as at least this would have been for a reason!

As others have said best suck it up and move on, might not have been the bin users and also if it was unfortunately you've got to leave your beloved landy back out on the same road tonight and the next!

Karma has a way of coming back on these people!

Best way to get it over it is to get it resprayed as soon as possible and show them you don't care!! At least black is a good colour to match so you should get away with just respraying the door
Post #396430 6th Feb 2015 4:13pm
stravaig

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Rimini Red
Bins??
I bet if the bins are for recycling and rubbish the council would be all over the owners if the contents were mixed up in the wrong bins...
Shame you have concluded the police would not be interested..

Another reason for me not to live in London.
Post #396445 6th Feb 2015 5:29pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Wangers wrote:
Far less AS behavious here in the Alps,

Rather have my car keyed in the Uk than visit the Alps and have this happen Whistle

Post #396458 6th Feb 2015 6:01pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Sorry guys, i didn't see your replies. (Didn't get an email for some reason)

yes, I've had a bit of a look at it and it should fix up great with a smidgen of paint from my touch up bottle and then a good polish. Im not really that annoyed, just feel let down by humankind lol!

but then you come on here or whatever and you realise that people are generally nice after all!

Those of you with a downer on London, 2 years ago i'd have agreed with you but actually I've found the vast majority of people and experiences here to be lovely, its just that in such a large population it only takes a very small % of idiots to make up a large number of people and a problem! Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #397679 10th Feb 2015 7:09pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
regarding the alps, ill be there this summer as part of my degree (6 week mapping project) in the montgenevre/Briançon area with the defender, can't wait!

Will be my first proper european trip (other than Lille) in the 110... Thumbs Up Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #397680 10th Feb 2015 7:10pm
Grenadier

David, Let me know. Have some friends in that part of the world (not Defender drivers), but could suggest places to visit, for beers, views, walks and tracks for 4x4. I am planning a Chamonix to Briancon trip in mid-summer, then on to Dignes Les Bains. PM dates when you know them and I will do likewise. At the very least, stop in Cham for some refreshment..... Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #397682 10th Feb 2015 7:13pm
Grenadier

Supacat wrote:
Wangers wrote:
Far less AS behavious here in the Alps,

Rather have my car keyed in the Uk than visit the Alps and have this happen Whistle

Ready for anything. Qualified for my licence this week. Will eventually purchase the following:

Steyr SSG08

Sig Sauer P226

Click image to enlarge

Beretta O&U

Click image to enlarge

Then get my local workshop to build this:

And then top it off in case another maniac hits the Alps, with one of these:

Rolling with laughter Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #397688 10th Feb 2015 7:24pm
Chris86

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 USW Chawton White
Bins
If it happens again........

Park on their bins.

Chris
Post #397695 10th Feb 2015 7:39pm
Projectblue

England 
Grenadier wrote:

Steyr SSG08

I bought Censored of those when they first came out - chambered for .338 lapua. Lovely weapon for the price Thumbs Up New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #397796 10th Feb 2015 11:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>