↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > TD5 Defender Driver's Door Lock Actuator/Switch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
TD5 Defender Driver's Door Lock Actuator/Switch
I am just retrofitting remote central locking to our 02' 110 DCPU. I have installed actuators in all four doors (2 wire ones in the rear, 5 wire ones in the front). I am using the original 10AS unit to control the locking function and as such ditching the controller which came with the lock actuators (Aftermarket). I would like to retain the feature of the OEM central locking system which allows locking with no alarm by use of the key in the drivers door.

I know the factory actuator in the driver's door was a four wire one, this unit has the two wires to control the motor and two wires which give a signal to the 10AS unit when the door is locked. I have worked out from the schematics that this switches to earth. The only thing i do not know is when it switches to earth. Does it switch to earth when the driver's door is locked with the key and when it does is the connection momentary (i.e. only whilst the key is turned in the door) or perminant (i.e. from when the key is turned to lock until the door is unlocked)?

Does anyone have an actuator or easy access to their 10AS unit in the vehicle with a multi-meter to confirm for me please? I can provide information on which terminals to test if required.

Many Thanks
Steve
Post #333931 27th May 2014 4:19pm
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
To clear this up. Earthing pin 7 of C0061 (grey) on the 10AS unlocks the doors. Returning it to floating output locks everything again.

Steve 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread
84' 90 3.9 V8 Caged Pickup Build Thread - Now For Sale
Post #384463 3rd Jan 2015 1:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1