↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Ryanair
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
IanW

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zambezi Silver
Ryanair
Always travelled Easyjet to now, but Ryanair have a very good offer for Tenerife in March. Not too worried about the baggage limit or online check in, or lack of general frills, but I'm 6ft 2in and a little concerned about legroom. Mixed reviews on aviation sites. Anyone travelled with them lately? Would appreciate views. Thank, Ian One wife - livid
Post #377305 8th Dec 2014 5:29pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Awful, but cheap, if you can ensure you don't need any extras. Seats crammed as close together as possible.
You'd probably survive a flight to Tenerife, but not enjoy it. I've found EasyJet better on the whole and they seem to not actively hate their customers.
Post #377343 8th Dec 2014 7:06pm
captain slow

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Corris Grey
never again. a horrible experience. Easy jet is trying hard to be as bad, but they aren't anywhere near. 2.2 Tdci 110 XS CSW Corris Grey
Prince Harry's D3 (gone but not forgotten)
300 Tdi 110 CSW (gone but not forgotten)
Post #377345 8th Dec 2014 7:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
I travel with RyanAir about 4/5 times a year, and for what I pay I'm in no position to complain! If cheap, no-frills travel is what you're after, RyanAir delivers that very well! An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #377384 8th Dec 2014 8:20pm
a13x

United Kingdom 
^^^
They don't offer to be anything but cheap and for the price, I'm happy to endure a couple of hours. Pick the middle, emergency exit seats for the best legroom.
Post #377422 8th Dec 2014 9:50pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Re: Ryanair
IanW wrote:
, but I'm 6ft 2in and a little concerned about legroom.

I'm 6'5", and most of it is legs...

I usually find, if you can get towards the front of the que and speak nicely to the stewards they'll sometimes give you a wing seat (easyjet and BA have done this several times for me) as they tend to hold those seats provisionally for anyone who looks like they might need more space... walking sticks, leg in plaster, fat bloaters etc.

Failing that, I sit on the aisle seat and stick my leg out into the footway. when they ask me to move them I say "there's no room" and quite often they'll let you move.

But failing that, Tenerife is only a couple of hours anyway, so grin and bear it and think of all the cerveza you can enjoy when you get there.
Post #377515 9th Dec 2014 10:50am
Spookytooth

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Ryan air is cheap and therefore you have to be prepared to put up with a few things you wouldn't accept if flying say Emirates. Ryan air gets much better if you pay for the extra leg room seats in the middle of the plane. This also gives you priority boarding. So for a small amount extra you get more leg room (more than enough even at 6'5) than any major airlines economy seat and priority boarding which makes it easy to find room in the overhead locker. Just don't buy the expensive and poor quality food and coffee. If you do not want to pay for the extra leg room seat then you will get exactly what you are paying for ie a cheap no frills flight which gets you to your destination safely with the minimum of comfort and lots of queuing, however, remember, they at least gave you the choice
Post #377594 9th Dec 2014 6:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1