↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > ARGHHHHH TD5 Immobiliser !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
randallised

Ireland 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
ARGHHHHH TD5 Immobiliser !!
Hi all any help appreciated.

The car did not lock on fob, had lunch then would not crank. Ignition lights on, but nothing on the key, engine crank warning light red with lightning bolt through it. No security card so could not enter over ride manually, I have this now. Picked up by AA taken to main stealer.

Having been relieved of my hard earned, I was told the 10as unit was faulty. They replaced it with a new one. BUT that would not talk to the ecu at all and the stock unit will not programme. There is a white/ orange wire broken / cut from the AS unit ?

No central locking or alarm they did however manage to turn the immobiliser off via dealer software.

Prior to this the car would always blow flash / horn fuse under drivers seat. Fitted new horn and switch cluster still the same.

Getting to the end of my fuse with this one. I am in the west of Ireland to boot.

cheers Big Cry
Post #375905 2nd Dec 2014 9:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Orange/White should not be cut!  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #375956 2nd Dec 2014 10:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Fatboy Slim

Wales 
Had the very same problem a few months ago with a 130Hi cap mate. The comms wire from the 10AS to the engine ECU was open in the loom somewhere as was the wiring from the diagnostic socket to the 10AS. Being short of time and having pressure from the mine staff to get it running I chopped out the original wiring and ran in a couple of new wires. Quick security code re-learn as the 10AS had the hump and all was well and has been since. Would be well worth checking the feeds and returns to the 10AS first as that will give the same symptoms. And then get them to credit the new 10AS back and refit your original as that wasn't the problem Whistle
Post #375961 2nd Dec 2014 10:57pm
randallised

Ireland 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
Td5 Imob. Problem
Thanks all. I will go at this next week at let you know what I find.

Cheers Matt
Post #376303 4th Dec 2014 12:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1