↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nitram17

insurance
Has anybody tried to insure with L&V.........they dont appear to have an option for 90 xs station wagon......it only an xs estate ...............when i queried it they have refused me insurance having already giving me a quote............bizarre! this is just in case your insured with them and your details are not correct,
Post #360489 27th Sep 2014 1:14pm
jimbob7

Fairly common to find Defender's registered as something their not,not usually an issue with insewerance companies tho. Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #360492 27th Sep 2014 1:45pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Yes, after years with LV I switched to LV around three years ago. If you have not already done so ring them and speak to a human, an XS estate will cover it, after all that is what a Station Wagon is [windows & seats in the back]. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #360495 27th Sep 2014 1:50pm
nitram17

Hi thanks mis...for advice ...........now they are saying they wont insure me and the better half because we have no no claims history(they were happy to until i asked about the xs station wagon option).......because i drive the partners company car!(for over ten years)...........im assuming now for the first time i have to say i have been refused insurance,,,,bloody brokers do they not want any of my well earned!

A couple of questions:

1.If anyone can help has anybody used the landrover temp insurance( free for week) is it simply a ploy to get you to take out their insurance?

2.Is the LR immobiliser thatchem accreditated,is the alarm thatchem accreditated.

3. Anybody got anything good or bad to say about admiral insurance

4.Anybody got any good experiences with insurers other than l&V and NFU( NFU were acting as if they were doing me a favour by talking to me............. terrible phone manner)thanks anyway im not panicking just yet but my blood pressure is another story!
Post #360556 27th Sep 2014 6:42pm
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
1) The temp insurance may have large excess - you need to check that

2) LR immobilizer and alarm are Thatcham Cat 2. This is because initially the alarm did not have battery back up as standard. When LR provided this they did not get re accredited else could have been Cat 1

3) I claimed once from Admiral ( on the another persons policy as they crashed into me and they were fine)
You can check defaqto for policy ratings
Post #360570 27th Sep 2014 7:28pm
taazzukcb

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I've been with admiral and now elephant (same company) for past 2 years without fuss.

On a side note, have you tried insuring as a van? My reg wont work on online system unless I put it through as a van, but Admiral/Elephant were happy to take as a personal car!

However, Van pricing was close and I almost went with that!
Post #360632 27th Sep 2014 10:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1