Home > Technical > R380 Bias Springs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
taazzukcb

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Stornoway Grey
R380 Bias Springs
Hi All,

Having recently fitted the slickshift and tweaked the springs to suit, I have had a hurrendous rattle in 3rd and 4th and 3rd was always notchy to get in.

Yesterday I spent around 2 hours driving around playing with the bias springs trying to get them bob on, but alas 3rd still has a little right up the top end, as does 4th ... however the changes are now pretty smooth and only now and again does 3rd clunk into position.

Any advice as I cant quite get the spot. I had them looser, thus almost removing any rattle, but there wasn't quite enough pressure for them to drop the stick from 5th back to centre so had to tweak up again a little.

Is it just more time to find it?

Don't like doing it as I have to drive around a lot in 3rd and 4th right up the top of the rev range.

One other thought is that because my R380 is a later box, the change lever is the updated one with the 'Mass Spring' in the top ball. This is obviously now gone as the slickshift wont cater for it.

Could this be hindering me?

Cheers all and sorry for this being a bit long winded ... I do always seem to type a lot!
Post #352744 20th Aug 2014 6:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1