Home > A-Plan Insurance > A-Plan Insurance - call for a quote
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
A-Plan Insurance
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 
A-Plan Insurance - call for a quote
Looking for car, van or home insurance? Give us a call today on 01908 271771 and put us to the test.
Post #343706 8th Jul 2014 2:39pm
Tiger

2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Java Black
Phone number doesn't work Whistle
Post #346946 22nd Jul 2014 12:30pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Well that is their phone number, but I've just tried it too and it's not working. I'll email them and see what's up.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #346947 22nd Jul 2014 12:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
A-Plan Insurance
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 
Tiger wrote:
Phone number doesn't work Whistle

Apologies, we are having a phone system upgrade and BT were going to be switching over the the new system after 7pm tonight......They have started to do this now which is not ideal at all. The phones should be available within the next hour or please PM me your number and I can call you back.

Kind Regards

Steve
Post #346948 22nd Jul 2014 12:48pm
Tiger

Could you call me pls.

Number was PM'd
Post #346950 22nd Jul 2014 12:51pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Tiger for your own benefit please do not accept or even entertain the idea of a policy by Markerstudy. Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #346965 22nd Jul 2014 1:50pm
Tiger

I think I just have done Shocked

Then I read this http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews123837.html#Summary
Post #346974 22nd Jul 2014 2:24pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
K9F wrote:
Tiger for your own benefit please do not accept or even entertain the idea of a policy by Markerstudy. Thumbs Up

Are you saying that A plan broker insurance for Markerstudy! Or are you just giving a warning about this insurance company.

Reading that website link, what a terrible company
Post #346987 22nd Jul 2014 3:57pm
Tiger

Well I just insured my 110 with them and they told me the underwriter was these Marker chaps, I'd never heard of them until now but after googling them I really worried. Neutral

I think I'd rather pay more and use a well known name.
Post #346989 22nd Jul 2014 4:02pm
K9F

From a couple of other threads:

Tiger do yourself a huge favour and if need be pay more and stay with a reputable company. Gilarion....Yes A-Plan use Markerstudy and must know about the bad reviews. If not they do now!!!!!

Markerstudy receive bad reviews justifiably in my experience. They are an awful company to deal with claim time. See the 7 pages of complaints in the same review link I posted.....

AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A HOLE IN YOUR BOTTOM STEER CLEAR OF MARKERSTUDY OR YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF SHAFTED CLAIM TIME FROM MINE AND OTHER'S EXPERIENCES, JUST READ THE REVIEWS FOR JUSTIFICATION!!!!
A-Plan Insurance wrote:
K9F wrote:
Do you still use Markerstudy?

Hi sorry for missing your question. Yes Markerstudy are one of around 30 insurers that we use. Who we recommended you take your policy with is dependent on your own personal details.

Steve

K9F wrote:
Jonno,

Sorry to hear of your plight. A-Plan went into print in an attempt to mitigate and defend Markerstudy's reputation.....

A-Plan Insurance wrote:
Thank you for your questions, I hope I can help.

Firstly I wanted to make a comment about Markerstudy who seem to get bad press on web forums. Markerstudy like all insurers will reduce payouts or not pay in a claim if there is a good reason not too. This tends to be non disclosure of material information such as claims, convictions and very commonly non disclosed modifications. This area of the market is one of Markerstudy's main targets for business. Unfortunately there does seem to be a very high percentage of non disclosure in this area and in particular drivers under 25, again which Markerstudy target.

A-Plan have used Markerstudy for many years and we have always found them to be very fair in all situations that our network of 70 offices have had.

In both yours and my experiences the above didn't come into play. Poor handling and service from me and an inferior policy with you. I didn't renew with A-Plan either due to their spin on Markerstudy's failings. Markerstudy upset me with no apology, rhyme or reason for their unreasonable handling of a no fault, no damage notification from myself. Come renewal time my policy also went up by 60% due to an 'unsettled claim' WTF? There are quite a few threads on here belittling Markerstudy's standard of service and as for other forums they too have quite a number.

There are no excuses for bad service, not when it seems so endemic from a single company.

K9F wrote:
Jonno,

Have a scroll down on this link.....there are 7 pages in total all generally with the same negative reviews bar a couple.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews123837.html

Come renewal time you'll know what to do. Thumbs Up
 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Last edited by K9F on 22nd Jul 2014 4:52pm. Edited 4 times in total
Post #346991 22nd Jul 2014 4:45pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
No good having cheap insurance if it's no good.
Basically in that instance your just paying for a legality and that is all. Neutral
Post #346992 22nd Jul 2014 4:48pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Quote:
Well I just insured my 110 with them and they told me the underwriter was these Marker chaps, I'd never heard of them until now but after googling them I really worried.

I think I'd rather pay more and use a well known name.

I think after reading that web page you gave the link to, I would cancel your policy under the seven day cooling off period (where the business is concluded away from the traders’ premises).
And find insurance from a more reputable insurance company where you will have less worry in case of a claim.
Post #346993 22nd Jul 2014 4:48pm
K9F

Gilarion that is very, very good advice. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I cannot emphasise enough to avoid Markerstudy and give them a very very wide berth. Thumbs Up

I wasn't even out of pocket or claiming. Decent manners with regards to customer care and consideration is the key for me here. Others however have been less fortunate, lots of them too! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Last edited by K9F on 22nd Jul 2014 5:01pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #346994 22nd Jul 2014 4:55pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I am sure A Plan will be happy to quote you from another one of their panel of insurers.

See their response to K9F's question here: http://www.defender2.net/forum/post342464.html#342464

They are not simply a broker for ONLY Markerstudy, Markerstudy are one of a number (30 they state in that post) of insurers they have access to.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #346996 22nd Jul 2014 4:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

Martin is correct of course! A-Plan apart from using Markerstudy for insurance have a myriad of other insurers at their behest. Many will price match too. Just avoid Markerstudy and see what else A-Plan can come up with. YOU are the customer after all!

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #346999 22nd Jul 2014 5:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1