↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > Two months in Europe/Scandinavia, where to go?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
leealanr

2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Two months in Europe/Scandinavia, where to go?
Thats the question.

Sorry, some history.

I work in Ethiopia but have been in UK battling throat cancer since December 2013.

My family (kids are still in school) are still there at the moment. I am coming to the end soon (two weeks), of my therapy and then I get to convalesce recover and get back to work.

However, we also have the school holidays coming up and if I am allowed, I would like to take the holiday off so that I can get to know them all again. It has been tough on a young family, with me being away for several months, just as it is for me without them, but their education comes first.

so the Defender wont be used, I am not going to be fit enough to travel in Africa extensively this year, plus I need to be near decent medical facilities, so am afraid will have to use our trusty Volvo XC70 estate instead.

Next year Defender will be used to go to Southern Ethiopia (Omo valley and Oromia) and game watching in Uganda and Kenya, but not this year.

I have just got agreement from my wife, that she is up for a good road trip in Europe, but where to?

Two years ago we spentba month in Austria ans Slovenia, old stomping grounds and we loved it, but I am sure there is a lot more that we havent yet contemplated.
I would very much like some ideas therefore.

any outmof the way places, big moun5ains lesser known spots, al would be of greatminterest.

many thanks inndvance.

alan l.

kids willmof course want to be active, and so would I, but must temper my enthusiasm with the reality of my illness and how unfit I am and will be at first.
Post #323741 14th Apr 2014 9:05pm
leealanr

2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
And please forgive the crap spelling...... tablet and my fjngefs dont always mix Laughing
Post #323744 14th Apr 2014 9:14pm
keith

Scotland 
France , Belgium , Denmark , Sweden , Finland , around the corner into Russia St, Petrsberg back down through Lithuania , Latvia , Estonia and full circle back through Europe to the Tunnel .
How's that grab you ?
Post #323752 14th Apr 2014 9:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1