Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fitting 3rd Row to a new PUMA Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pierrej

Australia 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Blenheim Silver
Fitting 3rd Row to a new PUMA Defender
Hi All,

Thinking of moving onto a new 110 and have a Firenze Red coming in a couple of weeks I can put my name on to secure it.

Question though, I can get my hands on a new set of 3rd row seats, but do not know what is involved in fitting the seats, and whether the bracket for the seat belts are on the rear pillar of a 5 seater wagon.

On my 90 there is a 1.5mm or 2mm bracket with rivnuts where the seats and the safety belt mounts to.

Is this also fitted to a 110 5 seater and do I just need to have the holes punched through?

Also advise on the safety belts would be appreciated.
Post #306754 10th Feb 2014 8:42am
pierrej

Dear MGO's

Below is a picture of my 2011 90 where the current fold down seats are mounted. I am trying to ascertain and would appreciate pictures of the same location on a 110 5 seater, to determine whether I can fit seats myself, or whether I need to have this made up or ordered from LR. I can get a brand new 110 Firenze Red with black roof, and premium seats but it is a 5 seater. Then i can get my hands on a new set of genuine LR fold down seats. I only need to install one to cover my needs.

Click image to enlarge

For interest sake my 90 as she stands now.

Click image to enlarge
Post #307055 11th Feb 2014 8:12am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I can tell you with certainty that my 2007 Puma double cab does have the threaded ferrules as shown in your photo, though the holes are not drilled in the inner panel. I cannot confirm that the spacing is correct, but since the only purpose of these is for fitting seats in an SW I am pretty confident that they would be the same.

I also cannot of course guarantee that they are still present on newer model, but again I don't see any reason why they'd be deleted.

On DCs and other vehicles without rear seats they are useful for fitting extra tie-down points in the back.

EDIT - 1) I regret that I can't take a photo at present since it is hammering down with rain! 2) It is possible that they're actually not threaded, since the screws in your photo appear to show some form of thread-forming screw. I thought they were (and don't remember tapping them out) so it may be that LR use those screws to clear the paint etc out of the hole.
Post #307083 11th Feb 2014 10:15am
pierrej

Thanks Blackwolf.

I would not have thought it is on the Dual Cab, which make me agree that there would probably not be much point deleting it.

I will zip to the LR dealer over the weekend and have a look if they have any 2014 models there.

Regards,
Pierre
Post #307351 12th Feb 2014 6:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1