↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Soft top... Yes in this weather
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Millsy94

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 PU Aintree Green
Soft top... Yes in this weather
Hi all, I've been toying with the idea of canvas for a while (unusual time if year I know) anyway with an upcoming trip to Portugal planned I think it's time to get it sorted, only really looking at a bikini top maybe with fume curtain for any showers. Anyway the question is I have a 2003 so what "windscreen strip" do I need? I've found a cheap ex military hood stick set, guessing it has the wrong windscreen piece but can I just buy the correct windscreen piece and mate it all together or are the bits over the doors also different? Cheers ed
Post #306411 9th Feb 2014 12:36am
Leenorthants

United Kingdom 
Suggest you buy new, all bits are available from all wheel trim in Witney, great service and a good website.

You will need the military roll bar from them for seat belt mounts.
Post #306441 9th Feb 2014 9:17am
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Hi there.
You can buy the correct header rail to suite the hood not the age of the car, so although mines a 2011 its the 2005 style new most modern hood on it.
I found that out with the help of members on here. Mines a full softtop and is my only car in daily use all year round and would recommend it to anyone. Thumbs Up
only things you have to consider more are the increased noise at speed (not to bad really), but most obviously put some good visual theft deterants on it.
I got mine from exmoor trim (with the rail to fit) and bought a double thickness frame, which looks a bit safer.
Have you considered a canvass truck cab as that could be another affordable, but very nice solution and would save you buying the bikini top aswell as it can be both with the back removed.
If you need any info let me know and ill let you know who I bought the frame from as he is very good prices for new bits and can also make just a truck cab frame.
Cheers Tom Very Happy

Ps. every thing will be the same if its from a defender just the rail you'll need to get to fit Defender puma dormobile camper
Post #306444 9th Feb 2014 9:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1