↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > mmm, what to do next??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
landys1

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
mmm, what to do next??
Hi everybody, this is my first post on the forum, just want to say what a great source of info. etc there is here Bow down

Anyway, just been outside stroking my new defender (2011 Puma 90 XS, Santorini black) 'cos wifes got a headache (again), and was thinking what mods and upgrades I'd like to do next - I'm sure this has probably been covered a zillion times before but here goes - any comments/advice greatly appreciated!!

Already done - KBX grille/ light surrounds and LED running lights in bumper (bit bling but hey defender is so BLACK at least you can see it now down the leafy lanes on these gloomy winter days!)

Next on list is Wayoyl/Dinitrol treatment - looks pretty good underneath but prevention better than cure...

NAS rear step (I'm crap at reversing in my old age, looks good and will hopefully stop me stuffing up rear cross member.

Seat covers, already ordered from Inka.

Quite fancy a padded cubby box lid, OEM one is just a bit too low for comfortable driving ( anyone know who can do this? Maybe in leather to match the seats?)

And I would like to get a roof rack, only had defender for a couple of weeks, but already need one so bad after trip to Ikea with the missus for new double mattress (she had to sit in back with mattress wedged diagonally across landy, front passenger seat folded down etc.). On the plus side she said rear seats were really comfortable, but she did drop her takeaway all over the rear carpet. Jesus, no respect. And I've got to get an Xmas tree tomorrow, can't see that fitting inside..

Also stereo is pretty crap, could do with something a bit beefier/bassier to over come windnoise from drivers door seal - any ideas for a upgrade? (or to cure the windnoise!).

Think that's about it for now, but sure there will be more money sapping ideas to come...

Anyway, cheers guys, I'm lovin the new defender, any suggestions gratefully received!

Andrew

Will try to get some photos up when i get technologcially (is that a real word?)motivated 1959 Series 2 Ragtop
1989 SWB Stationwagon
1998 300Tdi Hard Top and 2012 2.2 Puma Hardtop (at work)
2011 Puma 90 2.4 XS
Post #288517 8th Dec 2013 1:01am
sweepc

2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Welcome to the forum! The list is endless for me. I too have the drl's and all the kbx upgrades, also got the nas rear step which i love the look of. I really like the tinted windows on the rear of mine too, not as easy for people to see what is in the back. Ive also changed my tyres and colour coded my mirrors. I think in the future id love a set of speaker headlights, a retrimmed cubby box and a few of the fcx covered dash panels.
Post #288519 8th Dec 2013 1:14am
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
Matt @FCX (site sponsor here) can sort out the cubby box Thumbs Up An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #288526 8th Dec 2013 8:44am
Pim

South Africa 
sweepc wrote:
colour coded my mirrors

What's the reason for colour coding your mirrors?
Post #288529 8th Dec 2013 9:03am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Thanks for the recommendation guys Thumbs Up

At FCX we'd be delighted to trim your cubby lid in leather, we can trim lots of other parts as well !

We are also suppliers and installers of the Flatdog DRL bumpers.

You may also like to consider having a Skytag GPS tracker fitted to help protect your pride and joy.

Infact we can help you with most of your wish list (we are also official Alpine UK resellers) except the undersealing which is offered, amongst others, by CSK Landrovers who are site supporters on here.
Post #288531 8th Dec 2013 9:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sweepc

[quote="Pim"][quote="sweepc"]colour coded my mirrors[/quote]

What's the reason for colour coding your mirrors?[/quote]

well i bought the covers some time ago for my old 90 that had faded mirror backs and they were never used so i just decided to see what they were like on the new one as i had various other bits to get painted anyway. To be honest on a black car like mine they have no use really Rolling with laughter
Post #288552 8th Dec 2013 11:21am
leeds

United Kingdom 
First welcome to the forum.

We have a 110 USW in Santorini Black Thumbs Up

You need to look at protection and security and your budget first.

Waxoyl/dinitrol you have got that covered Thumbs Up Ensure they do door frames etc.

Physical protection from bumps and scrapes, consider rear bumperettes and rock and tree sliders.

Security? A system such as Trakker, if you are going to keep it a lifetime subscription works out cheaper then monthly quarterly fees.

Physical security, consider pedal locks, steering lock, bonnet hinges, ball bearings in door bolts etc.

Then sit back, drive your Defender, get used to it and find out how you are going to actually use it.

The list of possible mods is almost endless.

Do you actually need a roof rack or would a set of roof bars be better? Lighter, cheaper, easier to put on and take off. How often do you move mattresses?

Once you have had it for a while you can prioritise your requirements against your budget.

Brendan
Post #288554 8th Dec 2013 11:27am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Sound system / Dynamat? Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #288555 8th Dec 2013 11:33am
landys1

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Thanks for the advice, guys, plenty for me to mull over there.

After the waxoyl/dinitrol treatment, I think first thing is NAS rear step - anyone have a recommendation for a supplier? - would prefer OEM I think, heard a few bad stories about ill fitting copies...

Cheers, Andrew 1959 Series 2 Ragtop
1989 SWB Stationwagon
1998 300Tdi Hard Top and 2012 2.2 Puma Hardtop (at work)
2011 Puma 90 2.4 XS
Post #288649 8th Dec 2013 5:38pm
sweepc

My nas rear step was OEM and to be honest it was not the best fit, im not sure if it was down to the part or my car Rolling with laughter but i have never had an aftermarket one so i could not comment on that. Im sure somebody on here has had experience with both OEM and aftermarket parts
Post #288653 8th Dec 2013 5:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1