↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Air con high and low side pressure ranges?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
austinhealey55

2003 Defender 110 Td5 HT Chawton White
Air con high and low side pressure ranges?
Do any of your Td5's with the stock air conditioner system (made by Elite, the one without the extended radiator panel) have a sticker under the bonnet listing what the high and low side pressure ranges should be? Haven't found this in either rave or my paper workshop book, only thing I've been able to find is the amount of r134a to put in. Wondering if other Td5s out there have stickers and mine is just missing it... I've tried to contact Elite directly but so far no luck. Thanks for the help.
Post #285094 25th Nov 2013 3:33pm
munch90

England 
you don't regas by pressure you regas by weight .. both sides low and high are the same pressure ( ABOUT 70PSI )when a/c SWITCHED OFF ..
When SWITCHED ON (AIR CON PUMP ENGAGED ) high pressure can be 150-200 psi ,,, low pressure can be 25-50 psi

ALL THE PRESSURES CHANGE DEPENDING ON OUTSIDE TEMP / INSIDE TEMP / AMOUNT OF AIR THROUGH CONDENSER / AMOUNT OF AIR THROUGH EVAPORATOR / SOME PUMPS (VARIBLE DISPLACMENT PUMP) RUN ALL THE TIME KEEPING HIGH SIDE UP TO PRESSURE / SOME PUMPS CUT IN AND OUT LETTING PRESURE DROP THEN CUT IN IN TO BUILD PRESSURE BACK UP AGAIN

SO PRESSURES CAN CHANGE A BIT ALL THE TIME

ALL THIS IS ONLY RIGHT IF AIR CON IS RUNNING WITH NO PROBLEMS .. PRESSURES CAN BE MUCH HIGHER OR LOWER IF SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG

EXAMPLE VEHICLE STATIONARY AND NO FAN RUNNING ON CONDENSER PRESSURE COULD REACH 250-400 OR HIGHER PSI
AIR CON MUST HAVE AIR MOVEMENT THROUGH BOTH CONDENSER AND EVAPORATOR
THIS WHY THEY HAVE ELECTRIC FANS

MY ADVICE IS DONT WORK ON AIR CONDITIONNING UNLESS YOU ARE TRAINED TO DO SO
Post #285103 25th Nov 2013 4:18pm
austinhealey55

2003 Defender 110 Td5 HT Chawton White
Thanks, but I’ve already rebuilt my system (was missing parts when I bought it) and re-gassed it by weight, and it works well now. I figured there would be pressure ranges listed somewhere (engine bay, workshop manual, etc.) but haven’t seen anything. There’s air con info stickers listed in my LR parts book that I noticed by accident and thought those may have some additional info listed on them that could be useful.
Post #285172 25th Nov 2013 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1