↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Exmoor Trim Premium High Backs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Little Tom

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Exmoor Trim Premium High Backs
I thought I would post the pics of my new second row seats here. When I was looking at getting a set there wasnt really much online to look at so hopefully this may help people. The issue we had was that the car seats were just not secure enough on the normal second row seats so we went down the exmoor trim route and this is what we ended up with.

As you can see the two types of child seats fit nicely and I have even taken the head rests off the new seats to give me more visibility as they are high enough for the kids seats without. The one minor complaint I have is that they pack a punch! When I was taking the photos I decided to lower the middle seat to show you could fold them fully forward (without headrest) the spring is that strong that i lifted the lever and the chair smack me in the face and split my lip! Rolling with laughter

Anyways, the seats:

Centre seat folded down

Click image to enlarge

All three seats have space underneath

Click image to enlarge

Fancy Exmoor logo

Click image to enlarge

Child seat fitted

Click image to enlarge

All three seats up with headrests removed

Click image to enlarge

Child seat number two for the slightly older kid

Click image to enlarge

And the fixing plates underneath with waxoil applied

Click image to enlarge
 Michael was just telling me a story about a friend of his who slept with a land rover, lonely nights in the desert..
Post #263635 4th Sep 2013 9:05am
Romadog

Pondering on these seats for my 110. Will check them out at peterbrough.
Thanks for showing us these pics - great help !
Post #263785 4th Sep 2013 7:57pm
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
They look the business Thumbs Up .

I pondered over getting the Premium High Backs, but ended up getting the Classic version. Im assuming that when they are tumbled forwards they foul on the front seats?
Post #263797 4th Sep 2013 8:28pm
Little Tom

I took the head rests off when I was fitting the child seats so haven't checked if they actually hit the back of the front seats but I'm fairly certain they would, I'm guessing they would go down to around 45 degrees. You can see from the pick though without headrests they go down fully and a a furious speed Shocked

The head rests do make them quite tall and reduce visibility quite a bit so maybe when the kids are out of their child seats I might just put the outer seats head rests on and leave the centre one off. Another option I thought about when buying them was whether to only buy two and get another cubby box so go in the middle but in the end decided against it but it is an option.

Glad the pics were of use. Michael was just telling me a story about a friend of his who slept with a land rover, lonely nights in the desert..
Post #263937 5th Sep 2013 11:43am
WarPig

Ive got a set of extra brackets that Ive yet to fit, that solve the tumbling problem. I put a low back seat in the centre to maximise rear mirror view, but its a bit of a compromise really. The high back with headrest gives the occupant much better protection from whiplash, but restricts vision. The low back increases risk of whiplash, but increases vision!

Think I'll just sit people that I dont like in that seat Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #267633 18th Sep 2013 11:02am
Little Tom

Laughing Like a poor mans ejector seat.

They look great, we are still very happy with ours. We spent the day up in the kaes on Sunday around Grizedale, the kids loved it and we had our dog in the back. Plenty of room for everyone, every journey just feels like a mini adventure. The kids love it, my son who is 2 doesnt really say many proper words but shouts wahwoher!Which is his version of Land Rover. He loves getting in it even when I'm just backing it out the garage Laughing Michael was just telling me a story about a friend of his who slept with a land rover, lonely nights in the desert..
Post #267666 18th Sep 2013 1:36pm
timbar

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
lol my 2 year old is the same Smile

These seats look v. good; the reason we got a post-2007 defender was for relatively decent seats in the 2nd row -- we thought. Interesting, thanks for the pics! 2009 110 XS Station Wagon
Post #267667 18th Sep 2013 1:42pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Have to say those seats look mighty comfy, much more "shaped" than the standard front seats even... Good job Thumbs Up
Post #267687 18th Sep 2013 2:58pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
@warpig, can I ask how much the full centre row was and did it include the seat bases etc? I have 60/40 seats and am undecided weather to go for the same as yours or get some puma middle row ones.
Cheers
Ray
Post #267696 18th Sep 2013 3:48pm
WarPig

I got mine from Trakkers, prices are on their website but I think I paid about £500? for the whole row (2 x Classic Highbacks 1 x Classic Lowback) in XS half leather. That included the back rests and seat cushions, but not the frames. But I just reused my existing frames (300tdi). You would need to source 3 individual frames. You also need to reuse 3 existing seat parts (locking bar/catch), but I guess you could buy these. I posted a thread on here somewhere on my installation.

I rang all the retailers shown on Exmoors website and got the to give me their best price. They were all similar priced but I went with Trakkers. Great service and recommended.

Found it...

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic21753.html?highlight=exmoor
Post #267698 18th Sep 2013 4:07pm
Mech

United Kingdom 
Warpig,

When you say that you have a bracket to correct the tumbling issue, could you explain further? I have highbacks on my 1991 that fold partially forward but wont tumble.
Post #314893 9th Mar 2014 11:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1