↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > HCPU into Station Wagon, missing wiring plugs?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
konamac

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
HCPU into Station Wagon, missing wiring plugs?
Hi

Busy converting my 2008 puma HiCap (rhd) into a station wagon. From my understanding Land Rover uses a "One size fits all" Main Wiring Harness or loom. Specifically I'm looking for the wires and connection to the rear door sub harness for the rear wiper, and heated rear screen. if you pull the fascia panel the correct plugs are there waiting for the various switches (which I now have), but no sign of the correct wires or connectors at the rear of the vehicle where the harness exits the chassis rail. Any help as to locating the connector or wires would be great appreciated.

Thanks

Kirby
Post #264515 7th Sep 2013 10:19pm
PaulMc

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 110 2.5 TD HT Arles Blue
Unfortunately, Land Rover don't use "one size fit's all" harnesses Sad

As an example - for the 2007MY Defender, Microcat lists 54 x different main (bulkhead) harnesses.

There are only 3 x chassis harnesses listed - 1 for the 90, 1 for the 110, and 1 for the 110HCPU/130

So, you won't have the wiring or connectors for the high level stop lamp, heated rear window, or wash/wipe, in your chassis harness.

You will need to change the chassis harness to - LR016442 (which has superceded YNN501070), or add the extra wiring and connectors.

But, before rushing out to order a new chassis harness, it would be wise to check that the wiring for these circuits is present in C0376 on your main harness -

You are looking for -

White/Black trace in cavity 12 (heated rear window)

White/Green trace in cavity 13 (rear wiper live)

Black/Green trace in cavity 14 (rear wiper switch circuit)

(Connector 'face' shown)

Wiring for the tail door courtesy light switch and central locking are part of the roof harness, which you will need to change for a station wagon version.

Again, the wiring for these circuits will have to be checked for in the main harness, at the main harness to roof harness connector C0488

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Paul.
1989 Arles Blue 2.5TD 110 Hardtop
1999 Epsom Green Discovery II 4.0 V8i 'XS'
Post #264530 8th Sep 2013 3:05am
konamac

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Thanks Paul for the fantastically detailed reply Bow down , I will check this in the workshop later this morning. It would probably also make sense to check the fuse box to see if this side of the circuitry is in place.

I will report back.
Post #264532 8th Sep 2013 7:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1