↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Becker Traffic pro with 6 disc changer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dondiddy

Scotland 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
Becker Traffic pro with 6 disc changer
I installed a Becker traffic pro satnav a few months ago to replace the dead single cd player that was fitted originally in my 08 Puma. It plugged straight into the existing wiring and worked fine even although I did not bother to add the extra wiring for reverse and speed sensor. Wanted more than a single cd so bought a Landrover add on 6 disc changer for a Freelander 1 with the same satnav unit. The loom that comes with the kit will fit the early radio cassette players or the becker satnav and has extra plugs and wires depending on which head unit you have. Instructions for the Becker tell you to splice the pink wire from the new loom into the pink wire on the vehicle loom that in turn plugs into the back of the head unit. Trouble is no pink wire! The diagram shows a total of 3 plugs that go into the back of the head unit on the freelander but the defender only has 2. It does not have the 3rd plug with the pink wire. The cd changer powers up ok but the head unit does not recognise it. I have been unable to find a Freelander wiring diagram that shows the wiring for the becker satnav so can anyone help me with this issue. Ta much! Confused
Post #257633 9th Aug 2013 10:14pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Try the defender2 sister forum for freeloaders ?....
Post #257675 10th Aug 2013 7:39am
dondiddy

Scotland 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
Amazing what a good nights sleep can do for your powers of deduction! Approaching the problem with a fresh mind and BPmans suggestion I actually used the Disco 2 wiring diagram (export model!) to find the info I needed. Result -One working cd changer and a very happy bunny! A very productive weekend with driving lamps wired in, heated seat wiring done and the cd changer now working. All had been on my to do list for months! Very Happy
Post #257947 11th Aug 2013 3:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1