↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Back to the dealer AGAIN
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
skyeplumb

Scotland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Rimini Red
Back to the dealer AGAIN
Clutch slave gone now, getting it done under warranty, tried to get them to replace the clutch at the same time as it has the puma rattle, but they won't as " it isn't broken" so I've got to pay for it myself ( will save on labour as they will do it while they change the slave). Might try the sale of goods act - of reasonable quality route.
Was raining here today & now the wipers won't park properly!!!

Someone remind me why I bought a defender? Big Cry Series IIa Lightweight - Long Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi - Sold
Defender 110 XS 07MY Utility
Post #252035 17th Jul 2013 10:53pm
keith

Scotland 
Iv asked myself the same question 14 times for 25 yrs . Shouldn't the question be " why not a Toyota ,Nissan , Lexus , Merc or any other reliable 4x4 " ? Here in Georgia I havnt seen 1 ? Only us Brits put up with breaking down every week .
Post #252072 18th Jul 2013 8:32am
AlanH

Australia 
Elder bro says that all the top of the woz "his and her" Rangies him and the Mrs had over 25 years knew their own way back to the stealers.
But after having a Lexus hybrid thing for about 7 - 8 years totally trouble free, they've now bought a FL2 as it's easier to park where they live in Zurich.
Must be mad.Laughing
AlanH.
Post #252081 18th Jul 2013 9:10am
skyeplumb

Yippee all fixed, they replaced the slave and wiper motor under warranty & fitted a new clutch ( I had to pay for the clutch) but what a difference, smooth gear change, no rattle!
Also treated it to a set of KM2s Series IIa Lightweight - Long Gone
Post #253141 23rd Jul 2013 12:08am
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
great news.

and re the question why do us brits put up with them?

its like a big game - reminds me of buckaroo. you just know all the pieces are gonna falls but its a question of when. then its easy puts them all back on again anyway.

Last edited by Caterham on 23rd Jul 2013 9:17am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #253152 23rd Jul 2013 7:12am
skyeplumb

Caterham wrote:
great news.

and re the question why do us brits put up with them?

its like a big game - reminds me of buckaroo. you just know all the pieces are gonna falls but its a question of when. then its easy puts them all back on again anyway. Laughing

Rolling with laughter Series IIa Lightweight - Long Gone
Post #253175 23rd Jul 2013 8:45am
Caterham

Shocked

I was being serious. its no laughing matter.
Post #253184 23rd Jul 2013 9:16am
AlanH

Australia 
I agree totally Caterham, why should we have to put up with such crap assembly of a vehicle which is really not that complicated?
I must say mine is now running well since the stealer took out the horrid backlash and did the injection learn (what ever that is Confused ) but why should a shaft between the main box and transfer case be so badly made/not lubricated fail especially when we could be so far from any assistance.
Although the beast is now running good I'm really thinking this is going to be a short lived relationship between us and it which is a pity as both the Cook and me like Deafeners.
Youngers bros Sport may well be residing in the car port as soon as he gets his Jag with better acceleration for the traffic light grand prix in Sydney! Laughing
AlanH.
Post #253195 23rd Jul 2013 9:53am
Caterham

AlanH.

good to hear things are sorted - even if you've lost confidence in the product which I fully understand. and like you say - WHY? they are relatively simple??

good to hear the injector has improved things - which map are you on LR or other?

sorry if you've said already but what did they do to remove the horrid back lash ?

- I hope your relationship with the defender improves and becomes long and joyfu. Thumbs Up
Post #253199 23rd Jul 2013 10:18am
schuee

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Caterham wrote:
AlanH.

good to hear things are sorted - even if you've lost confidence in the product which I fully understand. and like you say - WHY? they are relatively simple??

good to hear the injector has improved things - which map are you on LR or other?

sorry if you've said already but what did they do to remove the horrid back lash ?

- I hope your relationship with the defender improves and becomes long and joyfu. Thumbs Up

Also I wouldn't mind knowing how they resolved the back lash, mine seems to have some on the rear diff, not sure of how much is acceptable, though it wasn't like it when I first got it. Also the injector learning, is this something I could request the dealer to do when next in for a service as a warranty request?

Cheers
Post #253214 23rd Jul 2013 11:31am
AlanH

Australia 
I've got a BAS remap but haven't reinstalled it since the stealers did the injector relearn. I think they changed the shaft which seems to cause so many problems but what else they did is a mystery.....but it's much better now.
I think I'm getting to old and grumpy to bother with things which go wrong for no reason other than it's a vehicle the work force and maker seemingly couldn't careless about.
AlanH.
Post #253216 23rd Jul 2013 11:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1