↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Orkney Grey 110 Double Cab
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
WWA

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Orkney Grey
Well here's some pictures of the snow today, nothing fancy and nothing too risky, but still a good day with some cracking views..

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

We didn't see a soul all day, apart from this fella who appeared in the middle of no where, good effort from someone.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #203371 19th Jan 2013 6:03pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Supacat wrote:
WWA wrote:
Just out of interest Supacat, how does it work in a station wagon? My double cab has the handle to fold it down but I'm guessing the difference is a catch of some sort that the seat is secured into when in the upright position?

I'm in the same position as you - guessing really - looked at the station wagons in the past but not paid special attention to exactly how the the 2nd row seats fold. I'm assuming that the double cabs are just missing the catches on the upper rear and the internals/mechanism to connect the handle to the catch.

Looking to use the space underneath the seats for secure additinal storage and I think the easiest way to manage this would be if the seats tipped forward. My second big assumption is that if you undo the two backrest bolts them the tipping mechanism underneath the seats works rather than the seats being fixed there as well?

Just an update/correction to this - I removed the two upper side bolts yesterday and to my surprise the full 2 stage tilting mechanism is all there. I had assumed it was not, as when pulling the lower side arm adjuster I could feel no resistance. I have only taken them out for the single seat as that provides enough room to load stuff into the space behind the seats. There is some play in the upper seat back but no more than either of the front two seats.

Nevertheless, I would feel more comfortable to know if this is as safe as the station wagons or they have a different fixing mechanism.

Last edited by Supacat on 11th Jun 2013 11:22am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #242728 11th Jun 2013 10:46am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I believe they are all identical.

I have had both types of vehicle but not side by side, however when we trimmed the 130 rear seats they certainly looked identical to the CSW ones that we have previously done.

I also wonder if WWA has latched the bases down properly as without those done the backs wont latch ...
Post #242736 11th Jun 2013 11:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WWA

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Orkney Grey
Hi guys, thanks for your replys.. Just on my phone looking at this at the moment.. I will get back to you this afternoon when I can give a more detailed answer! Thumbs Up
Post #242743 11th Jun 2013 12:33pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Supacat wrote:
Nevertheless, I would feel more comfortable to know if this is as safe as the station wagons or they have a different fixing mechanism.

Quite safe, the mechanism is the same.

One of the very first mods I did was to remove the fixings for the seats. It allows access to the otherwise wasted storage area (and it is amazing how much you can pack in there) and also allows seat covers to be fitted.

I have had no issues whatsoever since, except that I have found that the liklihood of needing something from under the seat is in direct proportion ot the amount of stuff on the seat and in the footwell which has to be moved first.

Edit - the statement above is based on my '07 DC.
Post #242745 11th Jun 2013 12:42pm
mrandmrsh

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Supacat wrote:

Where in West Yorkshire are you? I have a USW and could maybe meet up and have a broddle and compare of the seats? I am south of Huddersfield/J39M1/Barnsley kind of areas.

Regards
Craig 2015 110 USW XS in Santorini with premium contrast leather seats in tan/black, black headlining and with Dual Finish alloys (in the garage, now on Wolf rims with Goodyear MT/Rs)

2012 '62' 2.2 X-Tech 110 USW now gone ...
1984 90 soft top with full roll cage, 200 tdi engine etc now sold
2012 USW XS 2.2 "FUU" now gone....
Post #242746 11th Jun 2013 12:49pm
Supacat

Thanks for the responses.

mrandmrsh - thanks for the offer, I'm happy it will be OK.
Post #243088 12th Jun 2013 10:06pm
ginjez

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 ST Santorini Black
Tried to remove backrest bracket to allow more recline but will not go far enough to engage proper seat catch - has anyone done a mod to allow seats to recline further?
Post #243297 13th Jun 2013 7:31pm
Supacat

Where are you getting them to recline to? Mine if pushed or heavy person sits in recline until they touch the rear window lower surround/flange.
Post #245443 21st Jun 2013 8:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234