↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Auxiliary fuel tank
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jlerra

Gibraltar 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Auxiliary fuel tank
Request information if anyone out there has fitted (or aiming to fit) 'lrsoffroad.co.uk' the auxiliary fuel tank (retailing at £270) of 30 litres capacity.
It's gravity feed to the original tank and designed to fit TDCi and TD5.
I would be interested in the experience of fitting this.

Joe
El pepe flamenco JLS
'El Pepe Flamenco'
Post #83332 7th Aug 2011 5:23pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Hi Joe,
That plastic tank is made by WVA Holdings about two miles from where we live in West Yorkshire

I have not fitted one of these but have fitted their stainless wing tanks. It is much easier to fit with the vehicle on a four post hoist with wheel off. It is a bit fiddly with the most awkward bit being attaching filler hose between the tanks. Small but strong hands/arms help out here.

The important thing with this tank is your chassis number. When Land Rover changed from the TD5 to TDCi there is a period when they used the old tanks on the TDCi. Difference being on the filler tube diameter. There was a change from 50 to 60mm. Therefore you need to check which additional fuel tank you need.

PM me your chassis number and I will check out which tank is for your vehicle. When I get back I will check out the change over chassis number and post it up.

Brendan
Post #83340 7th Aug 2011 6:24pm
jlerra

Gibraltar 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
aux fuel tank
Thanks Brendan,
I am not sure I can handle the fitting of the aux tank in the wing space as I have no garage equipment at my disposal. Hence, the 'LRS Aux tank' which supposedly fits in line with the rear tank.
I think I would be able to manage this if 'simplicity' in fitting is assured.
My Chassis No: SAllDVB587A741966 (I think it may be a 50mm?) it's a 2007 MY (90)
Thanks for your response

Joe JLS
'El Pepe Flamenco'
Post #83567 9th Aug 2011 2:05pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Hi Joe, what you describe as
Quote:

Hence, the 'LRS Aux tank' which supposedly fits in line with the rear tank.

with reference SEL72A is the plastic wing tank by Safari Equip/WVA holdings and the code SEL72A is WVA code number.

Have fitted their stainless wing tanks to 110 and whilst it would be possible to fit their plastic tank without use of a four post hoist it would just be easier. Take the wheel off and support on an axle stand then raise the bodywork will increase room to work. NOTE take all necessary safety precautions..

For a TD5/early TDCi up to chassis number 8A then tank reference SEL72A is the correct tank

After chassis 8A (2008) then you need version SEL72P

We can supply either version currently for £260 including delivery within mainland UK compared to £279 (inc delivery) from LRS

Brendan
Post #83598 9th Aug 2011 6:31pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
I have that tank on my 90. You don't need a ramp, you just need a jack for the wheel, that's all. It's not a difficult job to do yourself if you get them to talk you through it. the fiddly bit is getting the neck back on at the end.
Post #83629 9th Aug 2011 8:20pm
natyeo

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
I have my 30 litre wing tank (2.2 puma) and looking at the mounting brackets the front two are easy , but the large rear one does not seem to mount to anything???????????/

Any one got any photos? 2014 2.2 90 hard top , Warm M8000 , Scorpain winch bumper, Ashcroft rear atb
2012 2.2 tdci 110 Utility
1993 110 CSW Warn M8000 , Scorpain winch bumper , 2" lift , Roamerdive overdrive, on going
1971 Hybird 200tdi, 2 x truetracs,Extrem winch bumper, M8000, GKN overdrive & Coils 2" lift, Glynn Lewis cranked rear trail arms
1971 Series 3 88, Perkins 4203,M8000,SATs,O/D,
Post #242891 11th Jun 2013 11:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1