↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Defender ICE for dummies
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
barbel jim

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 HT Tonga Green
You won't go wrong with focals - although I would still advise you to try and listen to them first. 4" components are rarer the 5" but there are alternatives. Agree with Steve over the active sub Bigger = richer sound, and once fitted turn It down regards operating range, and the gain up to suit.
I would steer clear of roofers bitumen, and use Dynamat. Not that much cheaper, and as some have said gives a off a tar smell. There is a group buy on here at the moment. The multi layer approach works well. to do my 90HT without the roof cost about £450. There are pictures and pointers also in the definitive ice thread and a recent post with regards the focals that you are looking at.
The speaker wires will go to the amp only. 2 for front and 2 for rear. The active sub could be drven onff the amp ( If it has output, I have not looked at that model yet). You only need the power control from head unit you could power the amp& Sub direct from the battery, with in line fuses, and RCA cable from head to amp. They do amp wiring kits, but I prefer to wire mine myself, cuts down on coils of cable and alot tidier.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hope the pics give you an idea Thumbs Up
Post #207971 3rd Feb 2013 1:25pm
jerseyman

Once you have finished soundproofing, what do you guys do about the carpets? my 90 has been noisekiller'd and now the carpets fits badly in the seat box / tunnel/ bulkhead areas.
Post #207983 3rd Feb 2013 2:02pm
barbel jim

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 HT Tonga Green
Dynamat is waterproof and if applied correctly only 2mm thick. No problems refitting my load space mat or anything else. Another plus for Dynamat
Post #207988 3rd Feb 2013 2:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12