↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Question about reverse gear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rakthi

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Stornoway Grey
Question about reverse gear
So got the car for a 10 or so days but with the hassle of the year end didn't really get around to using it.

When the car was delivered I had a hard time getting it into reverse. Was told by dealer "they all do that" and that it would get better once used a couple of times ... Yes, I can believe that, but now after 300 KM including lots of manoeuvring I see no improvement when selecting reverse.

1st to 6th, no problem at all, but reverse is a real bitch, sometimes have to try a couple of times to get it to catch. Now I haven't driven a stick shift since I sold my TD5 about 6-7 years ago, so am a bit out of practice, but this doesn't feel like "they all to that" to me ...

I know I should take it back to the garage to have them look at it, problem is, I'm on an island with no car ferry (cars go to mainland on a barge at night ... drop off at harbour here before noon, can go pick up on mainland next day). So not that straight forward ...

Anything I should look at or wiggle or something like that?

There is a service bulletin out for cars getting stuck in first gear, but don't think this is similar ...
Post #198308 2nd Jan 2013 6:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1