↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > NFU - Nobody Can Touch Em
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Liverpool and Victoria just done £310 on my TD5 90..... shame it's only 50quid less than the TDCI !! 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #165614 31st Aug 2012 6:05pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
pjb, the biggest problem with the NFU is that the offices are all independently owned so there is absolutely no consistence between the offices.

It took over two weeks for local NFU to agree with me that if TWO items are stolen at the same time, at the same place that it is ONE claim. The principal at our local office would not agree that it was one claim as it was one incident where two items were stolen. Banging Head Banging Head

A friend of ours had his 110 insured with the No Ferking Use insurance company. It took nearly 6 weeks to sort out a straightforward motor insurance claim.

If we pay premier premiums then I expect a premier service. Our local office certainly does not give an adequate level of service let alone a premier service.

Yes some NFU local offices might give good service, unfortunately our local office is not one of those offices.

Yes some people might get good service and good prices from the NFU.

However in our case they have decided to give us the run around over a simple claim, result is that we are taking our business elsewhere.

Brendan
Post #165626 31st Aug 2012 7:32pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Brendan, if you need good trade multi car insurance speak with DE Ford http://www.deford.co.uk/. they are local to me and do a fantastic deal insured with QBE with if needed exibition cover for the shows etc and a modifyed no quible vehicle cover etc etc. Speak to Nick he is a good bloke.

Pete
Post #165640 31st Aug 2012 8:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
will they take any body on or do you have to be trade pete 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #165646 31st Aug 2012 9:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjb

leeds wrote:
pjb, the biggest problem with the NFU is that the offices are all independently owned so there is absolutely no consistence between the offices.

It took over two weeks for local NFU to agree with me that if TWO items are stolen at the same time, at the same place that it is ONE claim. The principal at our local office would not agree that it was one claim as it was one incident where two items were stolen. Banging Head Banging Head

A friend of ours had his 110 insured with the No Ferking Use insurance company. It took nearly 6 weeks to sort out a straightforward motor insurance claim.

If we pay premier premiums then I expect a premier service. Our local office certainly does not give an adequate level of service let alone a premier service.

Yes some NFU local offices might give good service, unfortunately our local office is not one of those offices.

Yes some people might get good service and good prices from the NFU.

However in our case they have decided to give us the run around over a simple claim, result is that we are taking our business elsewhere.

Brendan

Yep agree 100% - If you get rubbish service then you have to take your business elsewhere Thumbs Up 2020 P300 HSE
Post #166358 4th Sep 2012 6:24pm
J8GHX

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Got home today, and my NFU renewal was sitting on the mat.

Opened it rather nervously, and to my surprise, it's gone down from last year by just a gnats whisker over £100!

Can't believe it!

Very happy bunny.

Peter Norris at NFU Warminster is the man to talk to! Great guy, asks about the Mrs and the dog every time I call, and generally pleasurable to deal with Thumbs Up

JH. Currently....... all gone...... pending delivery of a mid life crisis.......
Previously..... Quite a few! I really am a sucker for them!
Post #171129 26th Sep 2012 9:00pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Well it took the NFU over three weeks to accept that if two items are stolen at the same time covered by one policy it is one claim on one policy. Not the two claims on two policies they wanted so they could hit us with two excesses and two policies to increase premiums on.

They PAID a loss adjuster how much who spent a total of 5 minutes with us and decided surprise, surprise it was one claim and that the NFU should pay up in full.

NFU phoned up and offered us compensation which amounted to the excess.

Guess what you know the saying that insurance companie are quick to take your money and are slow to pay out?

Well errrr yes they have still not paid out.

So far the No F Use insurance company has lost two policies and £3,000 annual premiums so far and we have saved £600 for the same cover!

YES the NFU are living up to their nickname in our house.

Brendan
Post #172746 2nd Oct 2012 7:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123