↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Motor Mall Guernsey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Edd80Inch

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rioja Red
Motor Mall Guernsey
In short, unless you like to constantly battle with your dealer dont go near them, I have several bad experiences with them.

They refused carry out the rework on my sump, untill I had complained to Land Rover Customer Service. They then told Land Rover they had changed the sump at the 1st service, a complete lie. The attitude of the service advisor was 'oh well you still have 2 years of warrenty left'

The latest an ongoing complaint involes paintwork. My April 08 90csw has suffered with cracking of the sealant between the two roof sections and the peeling of paint. After a year they took it in to do this work and completed it with a touch up pen!!! The battle to have the roof sorted is ongoing with Land Rover.

In my experience they are not fit to service the needs of Land Rovers customers in Guernsey. Buyer beware! 1999 90 TD5 County
1943 Ford GPW Jeep
Post #12845 10th Jul 2009 10:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Re: Motor Mall Guernsey
Edd80Inch wrote:
The latest an ongoing complaint involes paintwork. My April 08 90csw has suffered with cracking of the sealant between the two roof sections and the peeling of paint. After a year they took it in to do this work and completed it with a touch up pen!!! The battle to have the roof sorted is ongoing with Land Rover.

Been there - with this, i had it escalted up within the company and it was the Warranty team that were the issue.

Eventually winning the dealer round - well showing the DP the summons that was written, got them to sort it. 3 Weeks they had they still had to have it again. Mike
Post #12859 11th Jul 2009 9:31am
Ferrett

Jersey 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Alpine White
That'll be the same company in Jersey aka Jacksons Group....agree totally stay away.

Every time I receive a customer service questionnaire from LR I slate Motor Mall and always receive a call from LR customer services, we have the same conversation and nothing happens. I have a real issue with the way that their sales are lumped in at a "Car Supermarket" and their after sales is shocking. All they are interested in is the sale after that they do not give a @*!*

We get our cars serviced by independant garages or the local Honda garage. 2006 D3 Man TDV6 SE - Buckingham Blue
2001 Defender 90 TD5 SW - White
Post #12981 14th Jul 2009 7:59pm
garytodd

Jersey 
I have to say that Motor-Mall are just as terrible in Jersey. I had to get a lawyer involved when they wouldnt fix a known problem with my Freelander 2.
i've also formally complained to Land Rover about them but we are stuck with them over here as they are the only dealers.. I wish Land Rover would open their own centre here, there is a big enough market and get shot of Motor Mall.
Post #168368 14th Sep 2012 2:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1