Home > Puma (Tdci) > Bye bye Landy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
me@td5.org

2000 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
GREENI wrote:
Have fun Ken.

A typical error in any trade, that is, judging a book by it's cover.
My friend ( who is a Multi millionaire) went to the Ferrari dealer in Wilmslow some years ago, I was with him, we went in his Subaru and he wanted a 355, they ignored us for a while at first and when he asked for a test drive, they played him off, had his address off him and said they will bring one to his house to try.
They never showed up.
A few weeks later he went in his Aston Martin (17th Birthday Prezzie) and the staff were all over him, he soon told them exactly what he thought of them Mr. Green
Sale lost.

Everyone has a story like this to tell, when will dealers listen? LR dealers are the worst. BMW dealerships however are excellent in my experience and treat all customers with the upmost respect IME which is a real stereotype breaker.
Post #167257 10th Sep 2012 7:33am
jr970

2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Fuji White
I think you get better luck with rural dealers - just picked up a 58 90 SW from M J Fews in Gloucestershire, they had half a dozen Defenders 2nd hand and quite a few more in the show room. Sales guy was very familiar with them, vey helpful, let us test drive a new one as well to compare the 2.2 (I couldn't spot the difference). I got the impression they do a lot of Defender business with Farmers and local business fleets.

Just waiting to see what their post sales service is like now ! Defender 90 TDCI SW
Post #168035 13th Sep 2012 9:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12