↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > 2012 Fuji White 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Umm I'd rather have a new one as its so new. Buy the salvage and fit a new galvy bulkhead and a softop!
Post #140983 22nd Apr 2012 9:17pm
Def-00

United Arab Emirates 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Fuji White
T1G UP wrote:
Umm I'd rather have a new one as its so new. Buy the salvage and fit a new galvy bulkhead and a softop!

Laughing soft top, sorry not in this country. I'd love a retro looking 90 soft top with steel wheels Bow down but with summer temps rising to 50'C and mostly highways a soft top isnt a smart choice here. maybe when i have my mansion i'll get one as well as a 110 utility and 130 DCPU Mr. Green and maybe a Ferrari FF for the dogs Rolling with laughter 2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #140988 22nd Apr 2012 9:27pm
T1G UP

Nah...the FF ain't all that!

New g wagen for the dogs Thumbs Up
Post #140991 22nd Apr 2012 9:30pm
Def-00

Oooh g wagens are nice... But Shocked I think I've found the holy grail

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #140995 22nd Apr 2012 9:40pm
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Def-00 wrote:
Oooh g wagens are nice... But Shocked I think I've found the holy grail

Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs Up :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #141026 23rd Apr 2012 12:48am
Def-00

Confused Should've known LR technicians are bloody useless. Estimation for body damage was sent to insurance. What wasn't a problem and easily fixable added up to a grand total of...... 42,000 pounds Thud and the genius at the insurance company said they'll give an answer after the weekend. Most insurance companies have a policy if repairs exceed 50% of the vehicles value it automatically gets written off so with me it's 17,000 more expensive than a brand new 110 and they need to think over the weekend. Question Don't know if i'll be getting another landrover, my luck doesnt seem to go well with them 2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #141999 26th Apr 2012 10:29pm
T1G UP

I'll deliver mine to you for 42k Thumbs Up

Get another and take it easier on the soft stuff
Post #142165 27th Apr 2012 8:07pm
Def-00

T1G UP wrote:
I'll deliver mine to you for 42k Thumbs Up

Will be seeing how much the insurance will pay out and see my options. Not getting a landrover due to the way they treat customers here. Not going to give them any more of my money. Started my search for another offroader have already seen one already but still going to look around to see if therell be anything else thatll suit my needs 2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #142167 27th Apr 2012 8:15pm
xatzhs

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
T1G UP wrote:

Get another, fit a roll cage, and go back out there! Twisted Evil
Post #142237 28th Apr 2012 12:18pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
You can get DVD "Driving Off Road - A Land Rover Guide" Bit late now but it warns of front wheels digging in on sand and which way to steer when on dunes etc Thumbs Up
Post #142243 28th Apr 2012 2:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chadjizz

England 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Orkney Grey
hows the rebuilding/fixing going?
Post #142262 28th Apr 2012 4:40pm
Def-00

Reason the 110 flipped over was due to me getting over confident + adrenaline rush ploughing dune after dune. The direction I was goin dunes kept getting bigger and the sand was getting softer as the sun climbed higher. It was 2:15pm when it happened. Dune was too high to take on. I was already at an angle and came up the side of the dune and the moment I reached the top was when it went over. Reason I'm not considering another defender was due to they way I was treated by the managers of LR. The 110 was given to me in exchange for the 90 which I had a ton of trouble with and I didn't pay in return. Now that the insurance will most likely classify it as a write off. Even if the insurance give back the full value of the vehicle I won't hand that money over to the dealership for a new one. I don't have any problem wiith landrovers I love them. It just piled up the attitude they give you ontop of having to service in the next town, an hours drive as the service center in my town which is 10km away from where I live employ baboons with spanners and above all that the quality of their work does not reflect on the prices they charge. The other half is truly upset about the landy. I'm just gona look for another 4X4 that can last long in the same price range and can do all I need which is fit 3 dogs in the boot, enough space for horse food can pull a trailer and have enough height clearance to perform well off road 2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #142268 28th Apr 2012 5:19pm
farmer giles

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Cairns Blue
Confused if you love landrovers but won't get a new one because of the dealers attitude aren't you cutting off your nose to spite your face?
are there any independant garages locally that can do your servicing? or get the dealer who is further away to collect and return?

i don't think i would ever be happy driving a non defender vehicle.

getting a free upgrade from 90 upto 110 would be impossible in the uk, too!
Post #142976 2nd May 2012 12:11pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Def-00 wrote:
I'm just gona look for another 4X4 that can last long in the same price range and can do all I need which is fit 3 dogs in the boot, enough space for horse food can pull a trailer and have enough height clearance to perform well off road

I'd go for a Defender Thumbs Up
Post #142977 2nd May 2012 12:21pm
tatra805

Slovakia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
Def-00, i can imagine the feelings you are going through... been there.

Take your time, as there is a reason for you to have had the defender in the first place and probably the replacement you are considering is not covering that reason, but only your frustration with the service side of LR.

I am sure you can do all of your demands in a lot of alternative drives out on the market. BUT how will it make you feel??

Even if the new drive will be equal to the defender in capabilities, it will always be a substitute in your mind.

i once went that way by going for a brand new nissan pickup instead of a second hand defender, you know warranty etc
After half a year i was frustrated by the lack of off-road performance, but mostly by the fact that every time i looked at it it just told me: I AM NOT A DEFENDER, I AM NOT WHAT YOU WANT, I AM YOUR COMPROMISE.

Even if it was bigger, faster, newer than a tractor-like defender,... NO APPEAL at all.

My stubborn ignorance of this feeling also resulted in the bent chassis and the forced sale with substantial loss. So far having the benefit of a new car and warranty and etc Rolling Eyes

Detail being that i bent the chassis following a 15 year old 2.5D 90 on a play site. Rolling with laughter

Made the same mistake again 5 years ago going for a Renault traffic to pull the trailers and transport the horse stuff around. New, more economical, half price etc etc It could not be sold quickly enough once its time was due. EMOTION=ZERO

Now having had the defender (finally) for 1 year and exact the same purpose as the van i see that i drove 3x the distance as with the van. I am continues looking for reasons to drive the def and not the daily driver. I spent appr 30% more on fuel/km and was 3 times more in service. AND I DONT CARE FOR THAT ONE MOMENT AS MY SMILE AND FEELING COMPENSATES FOR IT. double.

So consider your feelings well before deciding is all i can say.

Hope to see you back here!

Smile
Post #142982 2nd May 2012 12:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>