↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Taylors of Dunmow...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
18stone

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
Taylors of Dunmow...
...Land Rover Franchise Service Centre.

So far, not impressed. My 110 is in for the 12000 service with a short list of issues to address.

Just received call to say that they've got it in for a 12000 service at £274+vat ('I KNOW, I BOOKED IT IN!!') and that they've not been able to replicate any of the rattles, squeaks, jangles, clunks or whines.

Two of them occur all the time, constantly. I question whether they've even taken it out.

In my naivety, I thought they would be better than the 'usual' sales & service franchise debacle. Sadly, it's the same old story from the same old characters with the same old 'who gives a monkey's' attitude.

This is my last LR product- EVER.

Rant over- for now. D300 HSE 110
Post #105302 7th Dec 2011 1:26pm
18stone

24 hours on and they suspect a malfunctioning injector but they don't know which one. They are awaiting approval to replace all 4......

They might even call me rather than me having to call them for once. Rolling Eyes D300 HSE 110
Post #105527 8th Dec 2011 3:25pm
18stone

Alas, no incoming call so I called them. The pulling to the left under braking is not brakes or tracking so they've swapped the wheels around and 'hope' it's fixed! How about road-testing it to check, I asked??!

The injectors are being reprogrammed 'as we speak' so it will all be done if i get there bertween 5.30 and 6.00.

I have no expectations of this being right or ready when i get there. I'll update in due course.

Banging Head D300 HSE 110
Post #105540 8th Dec 2011 4:22pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
It's sad to know that it affects you so much that it puts you off Land Rover all together, I hope they sort all your issues.
Post #105541 8th Dec 2011 4:30pm
TACK

18 Stone we should create our own dealership! I have been having the same problems in Essex, used GS Maidstone 2 weeks ago (again) as I have been so unimpressed with lookers Chelmsford over the past 4 years, there is a thread on here about it, same old storey I’m afraid.....

Leaning towards getting an A6 Avant in the New Year, don’t know if to give up the Green Oval and the hobby or give up the current Audi we own. Sad

Hope you get it sorted Thumbs Up
Post #105554 8th Dec 2011 5:21pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
if your not into defenders then there a load of old tat to most!

they know they'll struggle to get clearance to sort out rattles etc

with dealers charging £100+ an hour there there for the money...not the love!

audis are just as bad, my old man has a a4 quattro...having trouble with the haldex rear diff due to lack of servicing......aparently you have to ASK them to do it as it's not on there service schedule!...although they charge for it! he's had words....the salesman tried cutting him a deal n a new one............

he wants a range rover....my mum doesn't Thumbs Up
Post #105557 8th Dec 2011 5:35pm
18stone

Update;

I read an extract to the mechanic from this very forum posted by someone in the know about reprogramming the 16-digit codes into the injectors. He went away and hey presto fixed the clattering when cold. It's coming to something when I have to tell their 'leading' mechanic about a fix I read about on a forum!!

They acknowledge it pulls to the left under braking and, despite their 'fix' of moving the wheels around the vehicle, it still does it. They are at a loss but seemingly are happy to return the vehicle to me.

The heatshield rattle (on the manifold) that I fixed 4 months ago by inserting a nut under the shield under each of the three screws that hold it to a rail have been 'removed by the mechanic because they shouldn't be there'. I explained they were there to fix the rattle that 'shouldn't be there' and I had actually asked them to fix a similar rattle from elsewhere in the engine bay when travelling at 70mph. They couldn't understand the idiocy of what they were saying when they said 'we couldn't hear it in the workshop'. Unless they were doing 70mph on a rolling road they were always unlikely to recreate the same circumstances, weren't they!?

They failed to return my locking wheel nut adaptor and when I asked why on earth they don't use their own they said it provides them with an opportunity to check it is present and functioning (so as to avoid the customer being inconvenienced in an emergency). The service manager just about picked up the irony of not even returning it to me.

The mats were thrown back in, all on the wrong side of the vehicle and the service book and their marketing blurb etc etc was left strewn across the passenger seat.

Their so-called 'full tank' in the VW Polo courtesy car took 18.45 litres to fill up when I returned it having done 118 miles. That's 29 to the gallon for a 1.2 Polo! Clearly not 'full' when they gave it to me.

The Service manager's proposal? To come and collect it, put right what's wrong (although they can't fix the braking pull apparently), replace my fix on the heatshield and deliver it back to me.

My response? Courier the locking wheel adaptor to me and I'll spend time refixing my rattle cure, I'll get my local indy to fix the pulling and I'll use someone else in the future as I've lost all confidence in them.

Two hours later a wingnut from the valeting department turned up on my doorstep with the adaptor, a squeaky reiteration of the apology and a half day Experience voucher (which I've since returned to the Service Manager with my thoughts). Half a day and the nearest location is west Bedfordshire!!

Complete muppets and no different to the experience I had for years with Lookers Chelmsford.

Does nobody give a toss any more, about anything!? Mad D300 HSE 110
Post #106603 13th Dec 2011 12:44pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I've had issues with my Mitsubishi this week. Engine took a major nose dive a couple of weeks ago (totally wrecked it all due to a £12 timing chain guide) and Mitsi UK would barely give me the time of day.

I think it's just dealers and head office all over really. Once they have your money they couldn't give a monkeys. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post #106619 13th Dec 2011 1:44pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
Unfortunately it isn't just Land Rover, or cars for that. I am lucky as all the work I have had has been done by good dealerships with awesome customer service (Ripon LR, Paderborn LR and Limassol LR).

In Germany loads of the guys were buying Audi and were disgusted by the service they received. One bought a TT, first problem was when he picked it up he was left waiting 30 mins for the salesman without the offer of a coffee or a seat. Then after 4 months the whole dashboard would shake at any speed above 65mph..... Guess what the dealer said...... Sir, they all do that.

One of the hardest things nowadays is finding a dealer who cares and knows what they are talking about

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #106630 13th Dec 2011 2:12pm
Landie Boy

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Hi,

That place is a ripoff merchant, my dads mate took his car there and they said it was a lost cause. They gave him some money, two weeks later its driving around dunmow. When they got Land Rover approved a couple of months later we took my mums sport there as we used to live in dunmow and they had it for a week and they still could not work out whats wrong with it. We had, had enough and took the vehicle back at took it to lookers in Bishop's Stortford. Probably the best move we made, they found the problem instantly and sorted it within 10 minutes Thumbs Up since then they have looked after the sport till we sold it and at the moment they look after the Discovery and Defender Smile top class service, they come and pick it up for you for servicing etc and don't mind mods and off roading Smile

Jack
Post #106753 13th Dec 2011 9:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1