↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > another powerloss topic...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pdv

Belgium 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
another powerloss topic...
hello

i had a problem when driving for a wile on the highway +- 110km/h constant en then give it a bid of throttle that it would go in to limp mode and turning on and off worked.

now i have changed following parts: radiator, thermostat, maf, map and did the injector seals (copper washers).

the problem has now gone from going in to limp to just cutting power but not like in limp mode. its more like a jojo effect power / no power for 5sec and back power for 5 sec... weird Confused

i did not check the turbo actuator as it drives perfect on country roads even after the problem happening. but i have a noise from turbo side but i can only hear it from 80km/h and up and is not RPM related. its high pitched and sounds metallic to me.

i will also change the VCV as i have read here this could also give problems on highway.

someone who had this type of problems and noise ?

thanks
Tarcis
Post #1031777 16th Apr 2024 5:11pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Sounds turbo related such as actuation, or sticky vanes or possibly a boost leak in a hose, via a small hole or split.
If it’s sporadic as you suggest, then it’s likely to be something that comes and goes so a poor electrical connection, or sticky turbo vanes due to poor actuation throw and things like that.

There is the throttle pedal too, but seems to be a bit more common on 2.2’s than 2.4 which depends on which you have.

There is also the possibility of fuel contamination, but that would usually cause the VCV to fail and would I be difficult to tell.
The noise does sound Turbo related, hopefully not needing a new one! Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #1031790 16th Apr 2024 7:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1