↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > A fresh start next year for me
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
Co1 wrote:
Sounds like a positive step forward, and one away from what sounds like a pretty toxic work environment. Good luck to you, hope it all goes well.

I totally agree with the above comment, you are better off out of it, good luck with your new job and look forward to seeing any upgrades in the coming year Thumbs Up cheers Paul
Post #1019049 23rd Dec 2023 8:23am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Good luck - new year, new start.

Let’s hope 2024 is full of good surprises 👍
Post #1019054 23rd Dec 2023 9:59am
Cragster69

Scotland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Cairns Blue
Good luck in your new role.

There's usually indicators of when it's time to move on from a job and yours sound pretty loud and clear.

I'm sure you'll smash it in your new place and be given opportunities to flourish.
Thumbs Up
All the Best for 2024 Craig.

“Don't believe everything you read on the internet.” ― Abraham Lincoln

www.scotgrc.co.uk
Post #1019070 23rd Dec 2023 1:06pm
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Welshsurferdude wrote:

your current line manager proves how little most companies and their management think of their workforce in general, even if you've been there years! Rolling Eyes

Ignoring, for a moment, that treating others as you would wish to be treated is best practice in your personal as well as professional life; businesses who treat employees poorly are in for a shock. The UK is suffering from an acute skill shortage. In fact, you could argue we are even suffering from a lack of semi skilled workforce post Brexit / pandemic. Therefore, companies who treat employees poorly risk losing them to the myriad of competition who are desperate for staff. In my experience, the employee is very much in demand as available labour is eclipsed by demand.

So not only is treating people poorly morally / culturally wrong but it is also tantamount to sticking a nail in the commercial coffin of the business.

Procta, wishing you every success in your new job. Let your old companies loss be your gain! Thumbs Up
Post #1019080 23rd Dec 2023 2:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
cheers lads Thumbs Up

Mr Fox

Your not wrong there, Where i am going practically jumped at the chance to offer me a job, plus they are expanding so they are crying out for operators. Also there a battery plant been built, which is near completion. So most of the work force are looking into that, and will just move over to there. So the demand for operators etc is very high. So you would have thought that where i worked, would change their ways, Just to try and keep people. But nope.
Also one key thing, don't upset your customers, Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1019106 23rd Dec 2023 6:21pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Cragster69 wrote:
Good luck in your new role.

There's usually indicators of when it's time to move on from a job and yours sound pretty loud and clear.

I'm sure you'll smash it in your new place and be given opportunities to flourish.
Thumbs Up
All the Best for 2024

not wrong there buddy, I could go on, but when you go from a 2 large plants and 1 small one, into one that is only half of the size of the one of the largest plants they had. Scrap off practically 3/4 of all the machines, and take a few lines with them to the new factory, and laugh is they don't even have the space for what they took. Everything's just tossed anywhere, to the point some lines are a H+S hazard. that's just for starts, so you know its time get out Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1019108 23rd Dec 2023 6:34pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Sounds like you've fallen on your feet. When do you start the new job? Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1019120 23rd Dec 2023 7:10pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
i start on the 2nd of jan Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1019124 23rd Dec 2023 7:51pm
NickMc

Northern Ireland 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
Good luck with the new start Thumbs Up
Post #1019146 24th Dec 2023 2:06am
Procta

United Kingdom 
update on how i am getting on, things are a getting easier now, as i am adapting to their ways of working, None stop though, compared to where i was, ( i had control a lot more control)
Got to say this, The TL and supervisor are happy with me, Very Happy
laugh is i have made a few of the INEOS Grenadier parts too, in fact i think i have been on that line more times, than anything else! Laughing
The company has got a few things on the cards too, Bentley are wanting to give us more work, and JCB are visiting too, this month, which is future work!
Am i enjoying it and was it the right move?
The lads i am with, clicked with me straight away, One lad has shown me the way he runs things ( he has been there for good while ) and always there for help. Another lad, who i clicked with too, loves the defender, and thought i was a manager Laughing showed me a few things his way, when he was training me, We both have come from a similar environment's, and have practically the same stories. Also these two lads know people i know too. What a small world eh! Laughing
Also one of the lads i worked with, in my old job, messaged me about the place, around about xmas time new year ish. He applied, got offered an interview etc, but wasn't sure to take the controls. Anyway i said let them know, that you want the local plant. With in a week or so, He was interviewed, and offered a job. He thought it over, and decided to join me, and last week was his 1st week, Thumbs Up I have not seen the my work mate so happy since 2021, when we were at our old site. He even handed the line over to me Laughing The bloke who was training him, said" how do you two know each other?" We were like, we worked together for many years in our old job Laughing My work mate, was amazed on how much work there is, and who for too. He told me how things have gone hill too, since i have left, and how things went sour for him. So We both did the right thing and got out when we did. Thumbs Up My mate i think wished he made the move a little sooner, its nice to be busy and learn more jobs. I think i have made more stuff here, than i did at my old place. i have even hit a massive target for the shift too. The supervisor wasnt sure we would get, and he said that's a bonus! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1025889 25th Feb 2024 4:00am
HK07

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Cairns Blue
Great stuff Procta.

Really pleased for you. Thumbs Up 2007 90 Puma - Love it - Best car I have ever owned.

1989 Ninety 200tdi - Love it - Second best car I have ever owned.

1951 80" Series 1 - Love it - Third best car I have ever owned.
Post #1025890 25th Feb 2024 4:26am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Yes it’s really good to hear about forum members enjoying their jobs/work - something not all of us do!

You’re making a real effort Procta, and it clearly matters to you, so best of luck going forward 👍
Post #1025899 25th Feb 2024 9:29am
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Well done mate. Can't beat being happy at work instead of it being a drag working for ungrateful bosses... believe me I know!
Post #1025937 25th Feb 2024 4:44pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Once you make your mind up the only thing is to follow that route. Times your skill/talent can be unappreciated and when you are not enjoying the job it is time to go. The pastures new does sound exciting so it will be interesting to get an update when you settle in. Best of luck on your new journey Thumbs Up 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #1026039 26th Feb 2024 5:24pm
L110CDL

England 
Totally agree with all of the above Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1026089 26th Feb 2024 10:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>