↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2023 X- Dynamic HSE 110 VCD ESIM questions. Help needed šŸ¤Æ
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
icebird757

2023 X- Dynamic HSE 110 VCD ESIM questions. Help needed šŸ¤Æ
Hi all. Is there anyone here that has the technical knowledge to help me with a problem Iā€™m having with my car. OTA software updates use ESIM embed to the car to be able to update it via wireless then there is another ESIM thatā€™s supposed to handle the data for the online pack. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong.
So the the first one is always active (the one that updates the car and is connected to the logic part of the pivipro system. Incontrol remote and secure tracker should then also be using that ESIM correct ? Does anybody know if there is some special computer installed in the car that handles Incontrol remote communications.
My dealer tells me my car is missing this computer so therefor I canā€™t use Incontrol remote for my car.
I have the SOS and the roadside assistance button in my vehicle and since itā€™s updating I think I should be able to use the incontrol remote even though I didnā€™t option the online data pack when ordering.

I try to register with incontrol website but I canā€™t complete as the system tell me thereā€™s no subscriptions on my vehicle. I tough all LR came with the basic incontrol remote subscription?

The dealer is no help and the car is 6months old.

Please if anyone can shed a light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated.
Post #1010322 6th Oct 2023 6:14pm
medallionno3

United Kingdom 
Talk to a different dealer, this one is talking nonsense
Post #1010337 6th Oct 2023 8:11pm
C&M

United Kingdom 
I had major issues when I picked mine up in March this year with the InControl.

in the end the dealer deleted all previous logs ins for me on their system and then it all worked. in effect I became a totally new user

and it seemed to then accept it once he registered me and forced an email.

as the previous op says, choose another dealer Defender D250 HSE
Dender 110 XS - sadly gone
VW Polo
VW Caravelle - Gen 6
Post #1010341 6th Oct 2023 8:29pm
icebird757

If only going to another dealer was that easyā€¦.itā€™s the only one in the country(Iceland) and all they say is that this option is going to available in 2024 cars here inn Iceland. I just donā€™t buy it because if my understanding on this system is correct the car has the equipment to do this but they have to register the car in the system. One rep told me it that my car was missing the computer to interact with the incontrol remote system but I donā€™t buy it, therefore I was hoping that some of you guys in here had the technical knowledge about this system to hopefully tell me Iā€™m correct šŸ˜ or that my Ā£100k car is just not equipped with this feature.

Oh and buy the way my pivipro menu doesnā€™t allow me to set up accounts.
There is no option in the menu to add or edit any accounts either.
All I have in the upper left corner of the screen is a notification bell, when others out in the real world have a icon of a person I.e account.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1010369 6th Oct 2023 11:57pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
As i understand it there is a module (they dont like to disclose) that does the main bulk of the connected services, interacting with the unit that houses the inbuilt "e-sims"

From what i picked up, some time ago i would add (when i had better access), the only additional module was for the top level tracker (secure tracker pro)

The standard incontrol and the standard (albeit subscription) tracker (secure) were all managed by the same module(s) that should be present in all the UK specs (who knows world wide).

What is very annoying (and classic JLR) is the dealers both dont know and are restricted in what they can do with their full diagnostic and mess around with. With little mechanism to "add" anything - its a real JLR weakness and frankly stupid - other brands do it and im sure many here would add on features in the vehicle life.

For example, if you didnt select secure tracker, you should (but cant) be able to pay the subscription and have that feature at any point - all hardware is there, theres no additional hardware until the secure tracker pro - but theres probably only about 3 designers that know that Rolling with laughter

Thats probably why you get nowhere with the dealer and why they a)wont do b)arent allowed to do c)cant ask about your problem Mike
Post #1011368 16th Oct 2023 9:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1