Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Passenger door not locking anymore D300 SE L633
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Beyondroaming

Switzerland 2000 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Auto Santorini Black
Passenger door not locking anymore D300 SE L633
Hi All,

Urgent problem since my Defender will go in the container soon for our Southamerica expedition.

We were driving back home and I as passenger all of a sudden smelled something a little burned but did not give it attention (might not be real but could be) On the next Gas station I realized the car did not lock on the passenger door anymore and also the indicator, folding mirror, blind spot etc pp did not workanymore on the passenger side.

Easy peasy I replaced the fuse F27 for the passenger door and that is all working again.
Only problem left is the lock.

After this trip I went to the deals and he said he would replace the L153687 (door locking motor) but the big problem is that the part will not arrive in time. I can buy the part somewhere else on my cost and install it myself but I was wondering if any of you might have an idea how I can fix it without that part?
Maybe there is another fuse? or something else I did not think of? loose cabel?
I will be glad for any tipp you have

If you all agree I should replace the L153687 has any of you some instructions on how to do that?
Post #1010276 6th Oct 2023 12:11pm
kenl

Australia 
It sounds very much like the actuators on the D4. On them you could disassemble the acuator and clean the brushes in the motor ( a small electric toy motor) and they would work again.
But I have no idea if this is the case with the new defender MY23.5 SE Defender
Post #1010282 6th Oct 2023 1:27pm
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
wiring loom between the post and the door. Very poor design / route.

In an emergency, carefully cut lengthways underneath the convoluted rubber tube and drop loom out - if you've smelt burning there there is a good chance the wires are shorting together there.

In a car park I've cut back the insulation, twisted the ends back together and insulated with duct tape until I got home, then replaced that biota the loom.

hth Keith
Post #1010287 6th Oct 2023 2:24pm
Beyondroaming

Hmm, I would doubt that since otherwise the fuse would keep on burning through.. and all other electronics are working in the door again, its only the lock not engaging.

If it would be the loom then other electronics would not work or the fuse would keep blowing, or am I wrong?

Which problem did you exactly have? Or why have you had to do what you did?
Post #1010290 6th Oct 2023 2:49pm
Beyondroaming

Re: Passenger door not locking anymore D300 SE L633
Beyondroaming wrote:
Hi All,

Urgent problem since my Defender will go in the container soon for our Southamerica expedition.

We were driving back home and I as passenger all of a sudden smelled something a little burned but did not give it attention (might not be real but could be) On the next Gas station I realized the car did not lock on the passenger door anymore and also the indicator, folding mirror, blind spot etc pp did not workanymore on the passenger side.

Easy peasy I replaced the fuse F27 for the passenger door and that is all working again.
Only problem left is the lock.

After this trip I went to the deals and he said he would replace the L153687 (door locking motor) but the big problem is that the part will not arrive in time. I can buy the part somewhere else on my cost and install it myself but I was wondering if any of you might have an idea how I can fix it without that part?
Maybe there is another fuse? or something else I did not think of? loose cabel?
I will be glad for any tipp you have

If you all agree I should replace the L153687 has any of you some instructions on how to do that?

Could be the case here as well, right now I lack the info on how to get the motor out of the door to have a proper look at it
Post #1010291 6th Oct 2023 2:51pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Have a look at this
https://www.lrdefender.org/locks_latches_a...-1110.html 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #1010299 6th Oct 2023 3:08pm
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
The window motor and locks are separate circuits.

I've had wires broken but with insulation intact & bare wires floating about touching each other, although never had a fuse blow!

Is there any 'movement' in the door button at all when you press the remote? If so it may just need lubrication of the lock and mechanism. If there's no movement or sound I'd place a bet on the loom being faulty before replacing the actuator.

HTH Keith
Post #1010302 6th Oct 2023 3:17pm
Beyondroaming

Re: Passenger door not locking anymore D300 SE L633
That manual is pretty usefull, at least I know finally how to properly remove all the trims

@ickle (Keith) Thats really interessting what you are describing.

The inside lockbutton on passenger door is illuminated but when pushed it, it locks all the doors except the passenger door
The outside button(passenger door) - when I push it, it locks all the doors except the passenger door

The lock itself moves when I push it, also just found out about the emergency lock mechanism which is working as well and is a big relief for now since we can at least manually lock the door.

Hope that answers your questions, I tried understanding what you mean with "Is there any 'movement' in the door button at all when you press the remote?" but I dont get it Smile
Post #1010310 6th Oct 2023 4:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1