↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Dealer refused to take my order…
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
XplusYplusZ

Re: Dealer refused to take my order…
Soup Dragon wrote:
sold it after 2 months when I secured an offer which I would have been mad to refuse.

Called my local dealer today (different one to the one I originally bought from as they did not exactly cover themselves in glory)

So you bought from one dealer, sold it to a second dealer for a profit after 2 months, and you're now trying to buy another from a third dealer - did I get that right? You can see how such erratic behavior might raise some concerns, right? Especially in the midst of a supply crisis, with JLR dealers across the world getting battered every day by customers on year long waitlists...

Being someone who had to wait so long 2 model years came out and the price increased by 15%, I have absolutely no sympathy for you. Essentially, you took a slot from someone who genuinely wanted one of these vehicles to own, and then you contributed to bumping the price and demand up, for your own profit.

It gives me great pleasure to hear JLR actually giving flippers a hard time. For the types of people into making a fast buck like this; it must be extra painful being refused a new car and then having to buy second hand in a market inflated in part by their own greed.

Karma is a wonderful thing.
Post #1008785 25th Sep 2023 11:01am
Soup Dragon

Thanks for all the replies to my original post. A lot of helpful advice there.

I spoke to another local dealer today who would be happy to take my order for a new Defender. The only requirement would be to sign a ‘no-sale within 6 months’ agreement which doesn’t seem too draconian. I also spoke to JLR Customer Services and suggested they need to get a grip of some dealers who treat potential customers like pariahs!

Next step will be to take a D250 out for a test drive to remind myself of how the car handles. I’ve got an invite from a friend to drive a Defender at Eastnor Castle in October so looking forward to that Very Happy
Post #1008789 25th Sep 2023 11:10am
Soup Dragon

Well I thought this forum was friendly until I just read XplusYplusZ‘s reply!

I had zero intention of selling my car when I bought it although clearly there are people out there that do this sort of thing for a living. I broke no agreement that I was asked to sign. I sold to a main JLR dealer who am sure made a handsome profit. The market now is very different to what it was in 2021.

If you wanted to buy a house and the owner or agent banned you from purchasing it because they had found evidence that you had recently sold another house within a few months, you wouldn’t be very pleased about that? So what makes a car any different? Just proves the sheer arrogance of some JLR dealers.
Post #1008793 25th Sep 2023 11:25am
Moo

Ukraine 
Soup Dragon wrote:
Thanks for all the replies to my original post. A lot of helpful advice there.

I spoke to another local dealer today who would be happy to take my order for a new Defender. The only requirement would be to sign a ‘no-sale within 6 months’ agreement which doesn’t seem too draconian. I also spoke to JLR Customer Services and suggested they need to get a grip of some dealers who treat potential customers like pariahs!

Next step will be to take a D250 out for a test drive to remind myself of how the car handles. I’ve got an invite from a friend to drive a Defender at Eastnor Castle in October so looking forward to that Very Happy

That's good. Glad you got sorted. The D250 is a cracking engine. Thumbs Up

As an FYI, I was offered £10k more than I paid by my supplying LR dealer on the day of delivery in October last year. Obviously some LR dealers weren't adverse to making a bob or two if they were prepared to offer me that. Didn't take it despite my wife's enthusiasm!

At the end of the day, it's a free market. It''s your propertyy to do as you wish. Thumbs Up Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1008798 25th Sep 2023 12:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12