↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > DIY Defender 110 L663 custom notebook for the glovebox
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DaveCNB

United States 
DIY Defender 110 L663 custom notebook for the glovebox
(I originally posted this at LandRoverForums.net, but thought it might be of use to someone over here as well)

I found a lengthy LR Vehicle Recover Guide PDF and I printed it out so that I could stick a hard copy in my Defender's glove box. Then I got to thinking, it would be nice to make a custom notebook w/ that information, some vehicle specifications, notes, gear logs, service logs, etc. to keep in the car.

So I cooked up a PDF w/ A5 sized pages (I can't seem to attach PDF's on this forum, so message me with your email if you want me to send you the PDF). It contains 71 pages of mixed diagrams, charts, specs, table for recording vehicle service, trip logs, the complete LR Vehicle Recovery guide PDF and intermixed pages of blank grid pages for drawing/notes.

I had it custom printed at Lulu.com (spiral bound worked better than the glued bindings which can't lie flat on relatively utilitarian/expensive quality/weight paper) for under $8USD per book and it was delivered in about a week. Just upload the PDF to Lulu.com (or whatever publishing service you want), select A5 book size (that's what the PDF is sized for), design your cover and upload any cover graphics you'd like and voila, custom notebook.

If you want me to send you the PDF, feel free to modify/add/delete pages as you want for your own notebook. Note that the pages as ordered create a notebook that has page 1 to the right side (immediately to the right after the blank inside of the front cover) and pages 2&3 are facing each other, 4&5 face each other, etc. So if you remove/add pages check on Lulu.com's (or whatever publishing service you decide to use) preview feature to make sure that the notebook is laying out like you want.

Cheers,

Dave

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 --------------------------------

"Chonky" 2023.5 Defender 110 P400 3.0L, Pangea Green
Post #1008315 20th Sep 2023 11:50pm
Nuclear Nick

United Kingdom 
Great idea, looks really good! All I'd need is a 90 version...so would need a little work to create but seems worth the effort.
Post #1008317 21st Sep 2023 7:12am
DaveCNB

United States 
I created the PDF in a MacOS/OS X app called Pages that Apple provides for free. It is really good for page layout. If you want to make a Defender 90 version I'd be happy to send you the Pages file to play with (just PM me your email address), if you could please post or make available your Defender 90 version of the PDF here that'd be great! --------------------------------

Post #1008318 21st Sep 2023 7:28am
Moo

Ukraine 
Thats brilliant Bow down

I'll pm you. Thumbs Up Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1008329 21st Sep 2023 9:30am
LR Nuts

No one wants to run out of fuel.

So when the fuel gets low and the 'miles to refuel' indicator shows low (50 - 40mls) left, then a message on dash goes to "Please stop and refuel" ...... the 'indicator', that previously showed how many miles will only show 0 [zero] why ?? it should count down the miles.
Post #1008346 21st Sep 2023 11:42am
WizzardPrang

England 
That's awesome, DaveCNB. I'll PM you Thumbs Up Current vehicle: 2020 Defender 110S
Gone: Defender 90 HT 200Tdi, Discovery Sport, Freelander 2

Insta: wizzardprang
Post #1008359 21st Sep 2023 1:47pm
DaveCNB

United States 
LR Nuts wrote:
So when the fuel gets low and the 'miles to refuel' indicator shows low (50 - 40mls) left, then a message on dash goes to "Please stop and refuel" ...... the 'indicator', that previously showed how many miles will only show 0 [zero] why ?? it should count down the miles.

The blurb I put in the book is a direct excerpt from the LR documentation.

I've yet to do this and almost run out, but I'm not at all sure why LR did it this way. Like you pointed out it seems like it should continue to count down. --------------------------------

Post #1008365 21st Sep 2023 3:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1