↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > 2015 Stability + Traction control fault.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mike_E

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
2015 Stability + Traction control fault.
Hello,

Bit of a tricky one.

Got a late 2015 90 with 75k on the clock. It's got the later system with full stability/traction control on it. Last autumn I took the A frame out to do bushes and the ball joint and upon refitting had the two orange fault lights appear on the dash. Assumed I'd knocked something/broken a wire but did not have the time to fix. Seemed intermittent at first but then was on all the time. Nothing showed up on the BAS obd scanner.

Took it to the garage who identified it was near side rear issue. They reset the air gap on the sensor, checked the wiring and cleared the fault. All good for 2 weeks. Then the light came on once or twice after it had been parked up... Then never to be seen again. Happy days I thought for the next 6 months.

Until now.

Gave the underside a good jet washing a few weeks ago and the light came back on! Weird thing now is if you've left it parked and you start up the lights come on every time.... If you move the car a bit ( like a meter or two) turn the car off and restart it the lights don't come on and it works fine. Full abs/stability/traction, every time!

Memory says the system can be sensitive to battery voltage? It's on its original battery and it's turning over a little slower than usual if you leave it a week or two especially in winter but starts up fine.

Any thoughts!?!

Thanks
Mike
Post #1033885 5th May 2024 6:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1