↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > EGR Self Cleaning. Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
puma110

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
[quote="Jammer600"]Mir diffinately does it whilst driving?? But I have no lights up on the dash?![/quote]

Hi Jammer, This isn't too much of a problem. You will hear it when you're driving when it's getting noisy. They get pretty squeaky sometimes. If you can handle the noise and your car is out of warranty there is no real problem. You can pull it out and clean it, this should keep it quiet. You won't get any lights up on the dash because the vavle is operating as normal, just noisier than it should be.
The EGR will operate when you're driving, so if it's noisy (Squeaky when it's moving) you'll hear it. It'll open when you're idling and close up when you give it any acceleration. You'll hear it just as you come of idle. To test it, just tap the accelerator and you'll hear the EGR slam shut.
Cheers,
Chris
Post #116077 17th Jan 2012 2:59am
puma110

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
[quote="Naks"][quote="jst"]i thought the BAS EGR removal remap did have and EGR actuation in it at some point to stop it gunging up?[/quote]

I don't think so. Mine gunked up after running the standard tune non-EGR map for 6000km despite using 2SO with every tank.

These days the landy is at the stealer so often that the EGR gets cleaned almost once a week - I always revert to OEM map before giving them the car.[/quote]

Hi Naks,
The 2SO could be the cause of your EGR gunking up. If you're using one that isn't low ash then the EGR will get fouled up from carbon/ash buildup. I guess this doesn't matter for you now that you're running with the EGR closed, just be careful of the CAT assuming you still have one of those too Smile.
Cheers,
Chris
Post #116078 17th Jan 2012 3:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123