Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Post #407766 15th Mar 2015 3:38pm
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
It seems that his daughter desperately wants the Beeb to take him back as he's taken up cooking to keep himself occupied. Shocked 
Post #407772 15th Mar 2015 4:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Still making jokes and treating himself seriously Laughing

Writing in The Sunday Times, Clarkson described himself as a "not very interesting fat man" and joked about retirement while he awaits the disciplinary hearing.

"We read often about active and busy people who die the day after they retire because they simply can't cope with the concept of relaxation," he said.

"So as I seem to have a bit of time on my hands at the moment, I thought it would be a good idea to take up some kind of hobby.

"I began by watching daytime television, and soon felt myself starting to slip away. So I turned over to the news and it was all about a not very interesting fat man who had been suspended from his not very important job.

"But watching the fat man made me hungry and that's when the penny dropped: I'd take up cooking."

He added: "I decided to get ambitious and cook the most delicious thing I've eaten in my life: a Vietnamese noodle soup that contains about 128 ingredients."

Following his comments on Saturday that the time may have come for him to leave Top Gear, was he hinting at a possible new career as a restaurant critic?

"My new hobby is called 'going out to restaurants and letting people who know what they're doing cook my food," he wrote at the end of his column.

The BBC investigation will try to establish what happened on the night of 4 March at the Simonstone Hall hotel in For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #407779 15th Mar 2015 4:49pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
@gilarion
Notwithstanding everything else on this thread, I agree with your last two posts entirely Thumbs Up Bow down Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #407810 15th Mar 2015 6:12pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Still glad I didn't sign it. Laughing

Are we not getting bored yet? Nearly 'old news' thankfully! Laughing Thud If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #407815 15th Mar 2015 6:29pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
I'm always bored. This forum (and all the madness associated with it) is my only relief... Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #407817 15th Mar 2015 6:30pm
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
Seems that according to my facceache there's a petition to the director of the BBC to replace Jeremy Clarkson with Guy Martin and tbh I would welcome the change. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #408062 16th Mar 2015 3:05pm
Merlin

United Kingdom 
Although Guy Martin is a great bloke, it's the Jeremy Clarkson show. Let's hope they don't think that Chris Evans would be any good. I can't stand him or his morning show, with his fog horn voice. To me he always sounds drunk.

Either JC on TG or nothing, I'll just watch repeats.

Merlin
Post #408100 16th Mar 2015 4:45pm
gilarion

I think it is now a save face thing with the BBC and no matter how many sign the petition which is fast becoming a million the BBC will I think sack him or refuse to renew his contract which I believe ends this month for all three presenters of Top Gear.

I think the only way for both the public to win and for the BBC to keep face is for Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked and then for the BBC to employ his bearded identical twin Brother ‘Dave’ who has the same voice and irreverent nature as his brother Jeremy to present Top Gear. Some say he is the same man, some say he is more feisty than his brother all we know is that he a Clarkson Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Dave Clarkson Jeremy's identical twin. Laughing

For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #408109 16th Mar 2015 5:05pm
Merlin

United Kingdom 
From a management point of view, the way forward is to promote the producer (with a pay increase of course) and re-instate Jeremy Clarkson. That way they both win and no one can sue.

Rewarding failure has always been used in the past on so many occasions. For details just subscribe to Private Eye.

Merlin
Post #408131 16th Mar 2015 5:45pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
gilarion wrote:
the BBC seems to be under the influence that Clarkson has committed some grand and terrible crime when in reality all he did was lose his temper

gilarion wrote:
and now with so many contradictory reports being given I have now no idea what really took place.

You seem to be contradicting yourself within a few words Confused

and equally dismissive of any reports that suggest it was any more than words exchanged.

Why not sit back, take a big breath and WAIT before telling us all how badly he's been treated and how poor the BBC are.
Post #408136 16th Mar 2015 5:53pm
Supacat

Merlin wrote:
Although Guy Martin is a great bloke, it's the Jeremy Clarkson show.

Yes, but convince some on here of that. I think they watch a different show Whistle
Post #408139 16th Mar 2015 5:58pm
walfy

Supacat wrote:
walfy wrote:
I was following this thread and admiring all the arguments being put forward. But when you admitted being in the TA, I'm sorry, you lost a lot of credibility in my eyes Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I'll add you to the list of ex-squaddies with a chip on their shoulder Thumbs Up

Sorry for going OT.

No chip. Just all the STABs I've worked with have been utter pants at their job. It was the same wether they were from a Corps or not.

But if you are offering chips, I'll have mine with lots of salt and vinegar Thumbs Up 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #408190 16th Mar 2015 7:09pm
gilarion

Supacat wrote:
gilarion wrote:
the BBC seems to be under the influence that Clarkson has committed some grand and terrible crime when in reality all he did was lose his temper

gilarion wrote:
and now with so many contradictory reports being given I have now no idea what really took place.

You seem to be contradicting yourself within a few words Confused

and equally dismissive of any reports that suggest it was any more than words exchanged.

Why not sit back, take a big breath and WAIT before telling us all how badly he's been treated and how poor the BBC are.

Here we go again!
Those two quotes are not contradictory it’s all to do with tense and past tense and present tenses . Laughing
Because they come from two different sentences and it is the use of grammatical past tense whose principal function is to place words and actions in past time, and present tense to indicate that an action or words are present or will be in the future.
Thus it provides a grammatical means of indicating that the opinion being referred to takes place in the past and then influenced a future thought.
i.e. The BBC's position and then the reference to contradictory stories that is confusing. Confused Wink Rolling with laughter For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #408194 16th Mar 2015 7:17pm
Supacat

Glad to see your understanding of grammar is up to the standard of your spelling - thanks for the lesson Thumbs Up

"present tense to indicate that an action or words are present or will be in the future." - in English the latter has its own tense, not surprisingly it's called the future tense Rolling Eyes
Post #408228 16th Mar 2015 9:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>