↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Loft finds
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wurzell

United Kingdom 
Loft finds
Hi Very Happy We've been up in the loft this morning & found a few iitems that maybe of interest to someone on here. 1st item is a Landrover series 111 109" Hard top, which was comissioned by the Heritage motor centre in 2000 to celebrate the millennium, strictly limited world wide to 2000 this is no: 1315. It's never been out of the box until just now when I took the photos, i've owned it since new & it still has the plastic tabs & polystyrene to keep if secure in it's original box. Any idea on the value of this please would be great. 2nd is a Corgi Heavy Haulage Wrekin roadways Scammell contractor x 2, 24 wheel girder trailor & transformer load in dark blue again this has never been out of it's box. This is limited edition of 4000 world wide & is no: 2378. Again, any idea of the value would be good please. Lastly I have a box with some tools in it, the maker is Lushington & there is a precision offset boring head size no 1. I'm guessing it could be for a lathe but would appreciate any advice as to what it is & it's value. Hope you don't mind me asking these questions, hopefully someone would be able to advise. many thanks Thumbs Up paul n tash

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #101158 20th Nov 2011 2:43pm
IKke

Netherlands 1986 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Keswick Green
Re: Loft finds
wurzell wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

As far as i can see it is a tool holder for a milling machine. It looks a bit different than a normal one but can't really say what it is from these pictures
Post #101212 20th Nov 2011 8:26pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Re: Loft finds
IKke wrote:
wurzell wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

As far as i can see it is a tool holder for a milling machine. It looks a bit different than a normal one but can't really say what it is from these pictures

Yup, it's an offset boring head for a vertical milling machine. It is on an standard "International" taper, but without some dimensions I cannot say what size International taper. I imagine quite small, since most Lushington No 1 heads seem to be on a No 2 Morse taper which is quite small. It will not fit a lathe, only a milling machine with the correct International taper in the quill.

An offset boring head is one in which the cutter can be mounted offset from the axis of rotation of the tool, so that a larger hole can be bored.

A 2MT version of the same boring head complete with 8 cutting tools and a spare spindle, unboxed, sold recently on Eaby for £35 including p&p. The MT version is probably worth more since it is possible (though not ideal) to use one to bore on a lathe (such as a Myford) by fitting the boring head in place of the chuck and the workpiece on the cross-slide. Unfortunately this is not possible with an Int taper, so I would imagine that yours is probably worth less than the ebay one (perhaps about £20), unless you are lucky enough to get into a bidding frenzy!

Pity it's not a full size boring head on a Bridgeport R8 taper because then I'd make you an offer myself!
Post #101354 21st Nov 2011 2:17pm
wurzell

United Kingdom 
hi Very Happy many thanks for the replys £20 ish thats ok its something that was in a job lot at an auction anyway many thanks Thumbs Up
Post #101438 21st Nov 2011 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1