↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Activating ACC, ATPC, TR2 Auto, Park Assist, wheel size etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 11 123 ... 91011>
Print this entire topic · 
aquascape

United Kingdom 
Activating ACC, ATPC, TR2 Auto, Park Assist, wheel size etc
A possible alternative to the GAP tool is a piece of software I tried from Autosvs.com called JET PRO (i have no connection with this, I'm not promoting their software just saying what I have managed)

I managed to activate ATPC and TR2 Auto with no errors, I already have ACC so can't try this but someone on this forum I messaged has. Anything that gives a brake error on GAP should work with this software. Park Assist is listed on the software

The main difference seems to be that you can reset the DADC-Driver Assistance Domain Controller which clears the brake and 2WD error plus you can clear any DTC codes and restart gateways. They have 147 programmed scripts to use or can manually change any CCF files same as with the GAP tool.

It isn't as user friendly by far as the GAP tool but only costs $99 for a 3 day JET-PRO trial (which is the main drawback) and need an Enet cable £9 from amazon to connect. The software was complicated to install but the online support was good and easy to use once installed but only have 72hr access per $99 paid. They respond well via WhatsApp to any questions I had.

It needs someone who knows more about this than me who fancies having a play with it to see what else can be achieved.

I also spoke to Patrick at GAP who hopes their tool will be able to do this in the future.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar

Last edited by aquascape on 5th Nov 2023 9:28pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #1014028 5th Nov 2023 7:45pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
I did actually look into this a while ago but they guy I spoke to quoted £2K for the complete kit, that's when I decided to stick with IID tool and wait for them to sort things. Although the only thing I would like to do now is activate the parking but I'm not in a hurry for that Confused

ETA Just remembered he also said it would only work on a Windows PC, which I don't have Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1014036 5th Nov 2023 8:57pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
They do offer a permanent single bin licence for about £1500 now I think but offer the full working version for 72hrs for $99 which is what I used. Can buy as many of those as you need. It’s fairly cheap but a bit inconvenient. Just need to know what changes you want to make. I think park assist can be done and also if you change wheel size MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014037 5th Nov 2023 9:26pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Oh I can see the attraction of it, the person I spoke to never mentioned the £99 option which as you say, if you know what you want to do could be a solution Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1014043 5th Nov 2023 10:21pm
EataPeach4923

Re: Activating ACC, ATPC, TR2 Auto, Park Assist, wheel size
aquascape wrote:
A possible alternative to the GAP tool is a piece of software I tried from Autosvs.com called JET PRO (i have no connection with this, I'm not promoting their software just saying what I have managed)

I managed to activate ATPC and TR2 Auto with no errors, I already have ACC so can't try this but someone on this forum I messaged has. Anything that gives a brake error on GAP should work with this software. Park Assist is listed on the software

The main difference seems to be that you can reset the DADC-Driver Assistance Domain Controller which clears the brake and 2WD error plus you can clear any DTC codes and restart gateways. They have 147 programmed scripts to use or can manually change any CCF files same as with the GAP tool.

It isn't as user friendly by far as the GAP tool but only costs $99 for a 3 day JET-PRO trial (which is the main drawback) and need an Enet cable £9 from amazon to connect. The software was complicated to install but the online support was good and easy to use once installed but only have 72hr access per $99 paid. They respond well via WhatsApp to any questions I had.

It needs someone who knows more about this than me who fancies having a play with it to see what else can be achieved.

I also spoke to Patrick at GAP who hopes their tool will be able to do this in the future.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Did you need anything else beside the 72hrs software license and Enet cable? I have a MacBook, but wondering if this would work with a windows emulator. I’m looking my to activate ACC and dynamic mode. Wonder if this one can activate the air quality screen as well.
Post #1014052 6th Nov 2023 6:12am
aquascape

United Kingdom 
I think the software works on Mac too. Pretty sure there was a lwindoed or max version. I just needed the enet cable then bought the 1 bin 72hr trial $99. Might be best to message them through their website autosvs.com to check about mac software. Gary Wai the CEO was quite helpful

I received an email with the software link almost straight away. Downloaded the software. Activated it with the code they gave me for 1 vin for 72hrs. Connected cable to car. Changed ccf files. Sent updates to car. Cleared dtc in DADC module and all was done. 15 mins

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014054 6th Nov 2023 7:14am
EataPeach4923

Thank you very much for the info! Cables ordered, will purchase software when they arrive. Have you had any luck activating park assist? I read somewhere that the Defender doesn’t have as many cameras as other JLR vehicles with park assist so I would be pleasantly surprised if it worked.
Post #1014115 6th Nov 2023 5:36pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
Cables? You only need 1 cable. Hardest part was installing the software as my windows security software was blocking it for some reason. After that activating atpc, tr auto etc was easy. I ran out of time with my 72hrs to try park assist but it should work. Someone on this forum managed to make it fully work with the gap tool but couldn’t clear the brake error which you can do with this tool. Park assist needs 360 camera and acc to work. MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014121 6th Nov 2023 6:48pm
EataPeach4923

Have to buy an Ethernet to USB C adapter since MacBooks don’t come with the input.Cant wait to try this out.
Post #1014126 6th Nov 2023 7:22pm
forzahog

United States 2016 Defender 110 Other Works V8 Auto Fuji White
Did you have to give the Enet cable a static IP or just plug it in and let it use DHCP? 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #1014138 6th Nov 2023 8:53pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
No I just plugged it into my windows laptop and it worked fine MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014140 6th Nov 2023 8:59pm
forzahog

Ok, great. I'll try this software out. Thanks 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #1014141 6th Nov 2023 9:01pm
forzahog

Where was your login key after the download? 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #1014149 6th Nov 2023 9:51pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
In the read me file on the download MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014154 6th Nov 2023 9:58pm
forzahog

My download doesn't have a license key. It just says enter the key you get from us. I'll just reach out to them and see what they say. I don't have the warmest of feelings having to disable the AV just to install it. 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #1014156 6th Nov 2023 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 11 123 ... 91011>