↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Modifications & Maintenance (L663) > Wide Arches - worth it?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Teksabb

United Kingdom 
Wide Arches - worth it?
Hi guys,

New to the forum and collected my first Defender 110 just before Xmas. Absolutely loving it! I’m having side steps and a rear spoiler fitted in Jan. Just wondering if anyone has had the gloss black wide arches fitted? If so, does anyone have any before/after pictures? I can’t seem to find any online. Wondering whether it’s worth it.

Cheers
Post #1019546 29th Dec 2023 4:35pm
Soup Dragon

No before and after pics as I don’t have them fitted but this may help:

https://ndpautomotive.com/products/gloss-b...7442867444

https://victorious.shop/products/gloss-bla...r-110-2020

I can thoroughly recommend NDP. The second link has a short video clip.

I think the exterior colour can be a major factor in terms of whether it enhances the looks or not, arguably better with lighter paint shades but very subjective!
Post #1019554 29th Dec 2023 5:50pm
David007

United Kingdom 
Hi and welcome.
With regard to the arches I have the Land Rover ones fitted to mine, though called wide arches they actually don’t protrude any further from the car than the standard arches. I like them but they’re purely for aesthetics.

Sorry no before pictures as the dealer fitted them before I picked the car up, but here's one with them fitted.

Click image to enlarge
Post #1019555 29th Dec 2023 5:57pm
LR Nuts

Click image to enlarge

wide arches will stop you fitting protection scratch guards, like these in photo.
Post #1019557 29th Dec 2023 6:21pm
Tim in Scotland

If you have PPF on you your Defender the extended arches are held on with industrial grade double sided sticky tape and that won’t stick to the film no matter how much you try to clean the film. I wanted them fitted after wrapping and still have the full set for a 110 in my garage! Specked them on my new 90 and had the PPF afterward Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #1019645 30th Dec 2023 3:46pm
LR Nuts

PPF = ? Protection Film.

"industrial grade double sided sticky tape" = VHB 3M = Very High Bond (manufactured by 3M)

When using 3M tape ..... it's a 'once stuck fixed' can NOT be removed and replaced = STAB ($hit to a blanket)

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #1019650 30th Dec 2023 5:48pm
Teksabb

United Kingdom 
Thanks very much for all the advice! I wasn’t aware that the wide arches weren’t actually any wider haha. I have the caparthian grey with the full black pack too so mine would look the same 👌🏼

Hmmm, I’m tempted but need to check the fitting costs as my local fitter as I don’t trust myself 🤦‍♂️

Thanks again
Post #1019680 30th Dec 2023 10:34pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Ali express is your friend........... Thumbs Up Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1019683 30th Dec 2023 11:23pm
Tim in Scotland

LR Nuts wrote:
PPF = ? Protection Film.

"industrial grade double sided sticky tape" = VHB 3M = Very High Bond (manufactured by 3M)

When using 3M tape ..... it's a 'once stuck fixed' can NOT be removed and replaced = STAB ($hit to a blanket)

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

PPF - yes I have had the Xpel clear gloss Paint Protection Film on both the 2020 110 and the 2023 90
and I found it excellent protection against bramble rash and supermarket shopping trolleys. I’ve also had the bonnet and the front wings of my Mini Cooper S E Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #1019780 1st Jan 2024 3:19pm
lac

Scotland 
Teksabb wrote:
Thanks very much for all the advice! I wasn’t aware that the wide arches weren’t actually any wider haha. I have the caparthian grey with the full black pack too so mine would look the same 👌🏼

Hmmm, I’m tempted but need to check the fitting costs as my local fitter as I don’t trust myself 🤦‍♂️

Thanks again

They are supplied by LR unpainted (even when spec’d from factory with extended black pack also spec’d) so my car arrived then dealer gets the arches, outsources the painting to a local body shop and finally fits them. Oh and they charged extra to have them painted gloss black🤔🤔🤔

So I would personally get them from one of the other suppliers who sell them already painted and avoid the extra expense having them done at LR 110 D300 XD HSE, Carpathian, Tow pack. Air Susp pack, cold pack, hud,
Post #1019793 1st Jan 2024 9:01pm
walfy

I have the gloss black arches from Hunters Prestige. If you look at their recent videos in the title sequence there is a blue 110. Thats mine. I can post some more pics if required 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #1020640 9th Jan 2024 2:43pm
milesg7

United Kingdom 
Teksabb wrote:

Thanks again

My Carpathian with wide arches in a different light. I prefer mine with them, especially with gloss black X Dynamic trim and black side steps.

Click image to enlarge
Post #1020645 9th Jan 2024 5:21pm
Teksabb

United Kingdom 
Thanks for the photos David007 and milesg7 - I absolutely love the two-tone Carpathian grey and gloss black!
Where did you order the wide arches from? The prices varies dramatically over different sites.

Have you got photos too walfy?

I have ordered side steps from Hunters Prestige - getting these and a spoiler fitted next week. I really want the wide arches but trying to be 'sensible' with cash haha.

Cheer guys
Post #1020720 10th Jan 2024 3:45pm
walfy

I went to Hunters and had the black pack done, So lower gloss trims all around, front and rear bumpers, tow loops, reverse lights, and the wide arches.

Very impressed with the look.

The exhaust tips came from them, they were prototype, but I've not seen them on the website so perhaps I have the only set??

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #1020721 10th Jan 2024 3:48pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Very smart that Walfy. You’re giving me ideas!!
Post #1021049 13th Jan 2024 7:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>