↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > The Bathurst 1000 Motor race.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
The Bathurst 1000 Motor race.
Probably a bit late to remind everyone, but the Bathurst 1000 Motor Race starts today at 11.15am Aussie time,..in about 4 hours.
We've had 4 days of practice & qualifying etc, the weather's good, so I'm looking forward to a good race.
The cars are different this year, (Gen. 3 ), we're racing Camaros & Mustangs, Camaros with a 5.7L V8, Ford with a 5.4L, both with around 650HP. These cars have less aero than last year's cars, so they move around a bit.
There are 28 cars in all, each with a co-driver.
Pole position has gone to a Camaro driven by Brodie Kostecki from the Erebus team. I would like Shane Van Gizbergan to win, partnered by a driver some of you may know who's done some driving in the UK, Richie Stanaway. Shane will be off to the U.S.next year, He has been signed by a Nascar Team.
Looking forward to a great race.
Pickles.
Post #1010445 7th Oct 2023 9:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
been a few rumours two years about Ash Sutton from the BTCC going into the V8s, but nothing came of it. He is about to snap up a 4th title tomorrow, I am suspecting it will be bagged up in the 1st race. The only lad that is contention is 40 points behind him, 62 points to play for, that's about it. So he has to finish in a strong spot for it to go into race two. Which if its bagged up in race one it will be by race two. Ash could have had it bagged up in the previous round last month, if the weekend was strong.
So it going to be an anti climax sadly, Ash has been very strong this year, and lead the championship from the start. But then again there isnt many drivers in the BTCC that will give him a run now, All the good ones are out now, or the car isnt strong due to the wages. Only about 3 of them have had troubles, one the car i think wasn't as strong as its previous model, Honda Civic, and the BMW has been wound back sadly, as the championship is wanting to phase Rear wheel out, Hyundai won the title last year, but the lad really worked hard for it, and he is the only one that is contention for it.
But the way the BTCC has gone, its not that strong a championship now, compared to what it used to be. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1010475 8th Oct 2023 2:53am
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
For sure I was a bit late with my reminder this year.
But, it was a great race, one of the most enjoyable for me, & I've been watching it for 60 years.
4 days of perfect weather, sun shining, no rain, dry track & over 200,000 in attendance.
Sunday's 1000k race was eventually won by Shane Van Gisbergen & Richie Stanaway, in their 888 Camaro.
I didn't "pick" anyone, too many variables, but my "choice" actually was the winning duo, because SVG is such a great driver, & Richie has had a bit of a bad trot in the past. Some of you may have heard of Richie, I think He drove for Aston Martin at one stage.
Anyway, a super race, can't wait for next year, it's hard to beat 28 650hp V8s thundering around the Mountain at speeds of up to 3000kph for 1000ks!
Pickles.
Post #1010572 8th Oct 2023 10:53pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
from what i have read, that the BTCC this weekend was anti climax, very little has been mentioned on the touring car forum i read, compared to the other arounds. But then again that was down to the fact, the title got wrapped up in race one. So i can see people not hanging around for the rest of the day or bothered to watch the full lot. Me and my dad watched people leave, when we were at brands hatch. As soon as the championship was bagged, in race 2 that year, half of the spectators just left before race 3, and places just shut shop before the day was over. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1010575 8th Oct 2023 11:17pm
scotsstag

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Rutland Red
Pickles wrote:
For sure I was a bit late with my reminder this year.
But, it was a great race, one of the most enjoyable for me, & I've been watching it for 60 years.
4 days of perfect weather, sun shining, no rain, dry track & over 200,000 in attendance.
Sunday's 1000k race was eventually won by Shane Van Gisbergen & Richie Stanaway, in their 888 Camaro.
I didn't "pick" anyone, too many variables, but my "choice" actually was the winning duo, because SVG is such a great driver, & Richie has had a bit of a bad trot in the past. Some of you may have heard of Richie, I think He drove for Aston Martin at one stage.
Anyway, a super race, can't wait for next year, it's hard to beat 28 650hp V8s thundering around the Mountain at speeds of up to 3000kph for 1000ks!
Pickles.

Watched it Pickles and agree it was a great race, glad SVG won aswell.
Hopefully he can learn the ovals quick, already as good/fast as anyone in NASCAR on street circuits.
Oh and I always knew that V8 SC's sound great and are quick, but mate 3000kph Very Happy 04' 90 Td5 CSW..
Post #1010915 11th Oct 2023 8:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1