↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fitting alisport hose elbow onto the throttle body?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Ianh

United Kingdom 
When I did mine on my 2.2 as per https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic81674...p;start=15 I got to the point that I was about to move the water pump out of the way when the solid pipe finally popped into the elbow, so good to hear that with the water pump moved it does make it easier.

I used BAS hoses and the elbow was the right size and did not require shortening.

The turbo to intercooler one did need shortening at the turbo end to ensure it clears the steering column. It’s easy to check clearance by laying under the vehicle looking up with a torch and also feeling the gap with your fingers.

Also, you can fit the turbo to IC hose without airbox removal, take off top fan cowl, remove fan and loosen and flex lower fan cowl. You also need to undo and bend open the hose bracket.
Post #1007948 17th Sep 2023 3:08pm
UtilityTruck

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Ianh- the words from your post were echoing in my head as I was struggling to get the hard pipe back on with the water pump in place!

Photo shows just how much extra room can be had with the pump moved aside- highly recommended! 2014 Keswick Utility 2.2
Post #1008003 17th Sep 2023 10:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12