↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Am I being unreasonable?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Yep surprised not to have any niggles with the BMW Hybrid considering the complexity and technology the vehicle has.

A few in car updates, which work seamlessly, but I don't know why BMW rolls these out as no issues appear to exist and I can never spot any change.
Post #998580 4th Jul 2023 5:06pm
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
TexasRover wrote:

It's an interesting forum this: On one side you have people gloating about their latest all option ticked Defender arrival date and on the other you have Tdi/Td5/Puma owners who share information on how to work on their pride and joys.

If by gloating you mean people discussing their new cars, I'd suggest that appears to be excitement rather than gloating. Furthermore, if you'd been on the forum when the Puma was still for sale, you'd have seen a similar thing occurring then. I'd suggest this is pretty much par for the course with enthusiast car forums where owners can share their excitement with fellow enthusiast about their new pride and joy.

As for the OP - my understanding about Service Mode on trackers is that it limits the notifications sent to the monitoring station to ensure you/they don't get unwanted 'theft' notifications. However, with that said, perhaps JLR are using a system which limits access to the software when armed but I do doubt this.
Post #998591 4th Jul 2023 5:38pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
walfy wrote:
Forgot to mention, they have sorted the wearing top hose issue.
Not sure how. Wether it's just the hose replaced, refitted to ensure the correct spacing or it's with the new airbox with the flat front.
I await in anticipation of their work. And excuses if its not a new airbox

l showed the LR parts guy a picture of the airbox with the flat part on it. "That's for the 2.0" he said. "l recognise the part number on the top hose in the photo"

He looked on his computer and said there was "no updated part or replacement notice for the round airbox" and "lf the part had been modified it would appear as such on his screen"

I was just going to buy one and fit it myself. If anyone actually has a 3.0 D250 with the flat part on the airbox then could you possibly see if it has a part number, or take a photo proving that it's fitted to a 3.0 (engine in the photo?) and l'll try again.

For now, the cable tie is just about keeping the hose away from the airbox, without crushing it out of shape.
Post #998596 4th Jul 2023 6:00pm
walfy

Daily Update

Last week I recieved an email from the service rep saying new alternator is in, it's booked into workshop for Friday to fit, tech rings on Friday to ask questions and then informed me it would be fitted on Mon, a couple of days of testing.
So in my mind, that meant I'd have my car back on Wednesday.
So when no call from dealership, I mailed service rep to ask for an update, no response
Thursday, I call twice, but service team is always to busy to anser phone and it diverts to reception. Who promise to get someone to call me.
Get fedup, so go online to social media and use the chat function on the dealership page. Go through my issues and the person says he'll get the service manager to call me.
Within 5 mins of that online chat, I receive an email from my service rep.

Saying that he was sorry and had been to busy to call.
He then went through the usual excuses and then stated that they now had authorisation from manufacturer to fit the parts, these would be the same parts they were fitting 6 days ago?
But even once they were fitted, they only expected a 50/50 success rate with my issue.
And that they aimed to have it all fitted by Friday this week.

email 29th June

Hello Mr Walfy,

Sorry I’ve not been in the business for a few days but am back now and can see the parts have arrived for the car. This is going to be set for going into the workshop on the agreed date of the 30/06/2023 as mentioned last week.

Any further questions from this please let me know.

EMAIL 5th July

All being well we are looking to complete on Friday this week as we have been given the go ahead from the manufacture to complete the alternator fitment.

I have been made aware from the conversations from our technical support from JLR that the fitment is a 50/50 chance of a fix for now. They will be taking your old parts away from us and doing a full inspection to help any future cases of this and find a solution for cars with this fitted such as yours.

Can anyone now tell me that the dealership isn't incompetent? This is shocking service. They now need to held to account.

If the car comes back on Friday as promised then they will of had it 32 days. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #998819 6th Jul 2023 8:36am
lightning

United Kingdom 
Good grief, l take back all l said about the service not being so bad as you were claiming !

What's that about having to get authority to fit the new part. Under what circumstances would "authority" be refused, unless your dealer has guessed the cause of the fault.

The one saving grace is you have a Defender to use while yours is being repaired. Let's hope the new alternator cures the fault.
Post #998877 6th Jul 2023 1:03pm
walfy

Now you can see why I'm getting frustrated by this dealership and their completely incompetent staff.

If someone else had written what about their experience like I have , I would of struggled to believe it.
Its been a catalogue of errors since the start.

I've mailed them today to find out what time my car will be ready tomorrow, as I need to let my client know if I'm going to be late or leave early, and 4 hours later I'm still awaiting a response.
So it looks like I'm going to be messing another of my clients about due to the disgusting service I'm receiving from the dealership 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #998879 6th Jul 2023 1:14pm
Moo

Ukraine 
It wouldn't happen to be a Lookers dealership would it? Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #998933 6th Jul 2023 5:36pm
walfy

No not Lookers 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #999590 11th Jul 2023 8:05am
walfy

UPDATE

Well the car is now home. I received a call last Friday at 1500ish to say car was ready for collection. So I jumped in the loaner and headed off, but traffic built up, so I abandoned the trip. Drove down the Sat morning.
No one in service, waited 10 mins for someone to deal with me. Explained the story again to me about the parts being fixed and it was only expected to be 50/50 on success.
Walk to hand over bay to get my car. Only to find a chip in the windscreen.
So I offer them the chance to help themselves, I ask for the damage sheet the recovery company completed and the damage report they conduct when any car drives through the door.
After 48hrs, I receive a call from another service rep to say that due to the issues I've experienced they will fit a new screen as a good will gesture.

I know that when it broke down it was good, but in the 2 hrs it was sat on the hard shoulder, or the 1 hr recovery ride or the 6 weeks they had it, damage could of occured at any point. And if they had a damage report then I'd sort it myself.

So drove the car home on the Sat, on the following Tuesday, I receive a call from the dealership to say, my car was ready for collection. So when asked if they had a blue 110 Defender for me they said yes, so I said, like the one sat on my drive since Sat.
It all went quiet and they then said they'd get back to me. Which they did 1/2hr later to say the collection "file" hadn't been put on the system.

Anyway, I'm going back in a few weeks to get a new screen and I've booked some time with the service manager to go through some feedback. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #1000676 18th Jul 2023 11:51am
Moo

Ukraine 
Glad you got sorted but sadly your experience is pretty typical of LR dealers.

The question I have, if the shoe was on the other foot, how would the people you have dealt with felt and what would they have done? Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1000677 18th Jul 2023 11:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456