↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Modifications & Maintenance (L663) > Gear crates that fit in a 90’s boot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Gear crates that fit in a 90’s boot
Was in the local branch of B&Q yesterday and found these storage crates from Erbauer at £25 each that JUST fit in the 90’s boot and allow the tailgate to close without folding the rear seats and a much neater solution than the IKEA bags I have been using. Unfortunately my waffle boards are just a bit too wide to stack in the gap between the crates and the seat back so it looks like I’ll have to find a way to secure them to the spare wheel without having the expense of fitting the side ladder to access the roof cross bars to put them on the roof………I bought a set of crossbars with the refund from not getting the privacy glass fitted - I decided I can live without that.

Click image to enlarge

https://www.diy.com/departments/erbauer-co...403_BQ.prd

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #992482 13th May 2023 3:38pm
J77

Scotland 
This being my second 90 I’ve tried most things. I’ve found a back pack does a good job and tucks into the corner.

I had to be a bit more thrifty with what I carry, but it has the basics, tow rope, shackles, lightweight jacket, torch, tyre compressor, small first aid kit and a blanket. I might have a look at the storage tray. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #992488 13th May 2023 5:16pm
LR Nuts

Hi Tim, have you come across these ??

Click image to enlarge

https://thecampercoshop.com/products/flip-...gJtKPD_BwE

Local camping dealer was selling them off at £10 each.

Post #992876 16th May 2023 5:08pm
Tim in Scotland

No I haven’t but I now have two of the make I posted about, one with pump and safety gear stays in the car and the other contains my off-road recovery gear and with the nice handles is easy to lift in and out. I think B&Q stock will be getting low as I also posted this on a FB group and a load of 90 owners headed off to B&Q last weekend to get a couple each. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #992941 17th May 2023 10:10am
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
So got one earlier in the week as only one available- just popped down today and more stock has arrived so got a second one Thumbs Up

Tim, did you consider the toolbox of the same size at all? Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #993504 21st May 2023 3:19pm
Tim in Scotland

I didn’t as I only wanted one storage for my recovery gear that can be lifted out after the event and the 2nd one to hold my compressor first aid kits and fire extinguisher etc for everyday carriage - doesn’t leave much boot space in the 90 though! I’m just back from a weekend trip to Harrogate and one storage tray, and my overnight case about the size of a large briefcase and the boot was full!
I’m really loving the D250 - 470 motorway and A66 miles and I found the driver’s seat to be more comfortable than the one I had in the 110 and despite relatively warm temperatures in Yorkshire still have to test out the cooled seats! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #993513 21st May 2023 4:07pm
J77

Scotland 
My solution, has the basics in it leaving plenty space to carry additional stuff as and when required.

Click image to enlarge

May look at the the storage tray when it becomes available, keep hoping Powerful UK come up with a small underfloor storage option. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #993518 21st May 2023 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1