↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Santorini Black on X-Dynamic question....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mark V2

United Kingdom 
Santorini Black on X-Dynamic question....
I'm thinking of changing my current order from Eiger Grey to Santorini Black. However I cannot figure out what they do with the gloss black trim parts and roof on the X-Dynamic spec as on a non Santorini Black car they would be a contrasting 'solid' piano/gloss black. As Santorini Black is a metallic colour then they must be two different paints.

Or do they actually paint the whole car in SB?

I have asked the dealer and he didn't know the answer or have an SB X-D spec in for me to look at myself.

Thanks in advance! Now sold: 2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE (Eiger Grey).
Post #992007 9th May 2023 9:43pm
Moo

Ukraine 
I've had a couple of black cars. Never again. They just look crap as soon as you clean them. I have Eiger grey and never clean my car. Thumbs Up Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #992015 9th May 2023 10:22pm
J77

Scotland 
On my spec sheet it says body cladding Narvick Black but bonnet louvres gloss black, looks the same to me. Don’t think it’s painted though.

Santorini and Narvick look pretty much the same, I could be wrong but I think one was metallic and the other solid. Either way, you don’t notice a difference between the body and the cladding. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #992020 10th May 2023 5:12am
stingray

Wales 
I think I'm right in saying that you can specify 'body colour' roof in place of black, which in your case would be Santorini, so no contrast. Perhaps that would help?
Post #992036 10th May 2023 8:28am
Tim in Scotland

Difference between Santorini Black and Narvik is Santorini is a metallic and Narvik is a ‘solid’ paint.
On my 90 there is also a paint shade plate in the passenger door giving all the paint shades and their codes, I don’t remember my First Edition 110 having this, paint shade was only on the VIN plate

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #992042 10th May 2023 9:34am
Garthlands

United Kingdom 
I've got an X-Dynamic HSE 90 in Santorini black and can confirm that the roof is also Santorini Black, but the gloss black trim parts are a solid colour in Narvik black. As J77 mentions, you don't really notice the difference between the solid and metallic paints unless you're looking for it.
Post #992047 10th May 2023 10:31am
Mark V2

United Kingdom 
Thanks everyone for the info and feedback. Makes sense the roof is SB if specced as body colour. Now sold: 2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE (Eiger Grey).
Post #992057 10th May 2023 11:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1