Home > Technical > Puma rear stop lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gal Dove

Wales 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Puma rear stop lights
Hi.
2014 Puma 110 Utility - Trying to avoid converting to LED (if possible) but keep having to replace bulbs in both stop/tails lights.
I have LED's on another vehicle and they're great but would like to keep this stock if possible.
I've tried sealing the joins between the twist-in bulb holders and the lens caps with plumber's PTFE tape(!) but water still seems to get in.
I now have hairline cracks in both lenses due to me over-tightening them - so I'm looking to replace with OEM parts - any advice on this and where to buy from? Thanks. Local LR dealership is asking £52 per lens! Looks like Rimmer Bros, etc are selling the same item for £8!
Any advice would be welcome!
Thumbs Up
Post #988588 11th Apr 2023 12:42pm
BrickBox

Wales 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
Try ‘Boltonbits’ on eBay and get the Wipac standard style lights. I think you’ll always get some kind of condensation in them, unfortunately. But the better brands you may stand a slightly better chance. 2008 2.4 110 Utility XS.
Post #988593 11th Apr 2023 1:57pm
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Hi, the original manufacturer for these was LE Perei, or LEP, now part of the Dun-Bri group. These lights are better quality than the alternatives.
Their website has been showing out of stock for a couple of years, since when I first tried to get some.
I suspect they don't make batches very often now, if at all.

https://www.dun-bri.com/catalogue/Commerci...ght-320335

I'd agree the Landrover price of £52 +vat is crazy, and the "OEM" alternative is worth a try for £6.70 + vat.
The photo of the Rimmer OEM light is marked LEP, but that doesn't guarantee they won't send a Wipac light.
Post #988595 11th Apr 2023 2:20pm
Tdi4

Netherlands 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
But in the end, only the led lights are really condens free and stay that way. a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #988618 11th Apr 2023 5:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gal Dove

Wales 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
BrickBox wrote:
Try ‘Boltonbits’ on eBay and get the Wipac standard style lights. I think you’ll always get some kind of condensation in them, unfortunately. But the better brands you may stand a slightly better chance.

Thanks for all the replies! Thumbs Up

Thanks BrickBox - had noticed this seller on ebay and that he had these on his shelf - just ordered a pair. Thanks again! Thumbs Up
Post #988671 11th Apr 2023 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1