Home > Tdi > Electrical issue?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Electrical issue?
Hi all

The previous owner installed spot lights on the roof rack which come on with the main beam. I’m not a great fan and was considering either removing them or replacing with a light bar.

I noticed the other evening that they were no longer working whilst I was driving home. Once on my drive I opened the drivers door and they came on. I shut the drivers door and they switched off again? Now I’ve not touched the lights or any of the electrics so I’m just wondering why they have now decided to switch themselves on and off using the drivers door interior light switch? Full beam needs to be selected still for them to come on and off with the door switch…

I’m crap at electrics so before I tangle myself up in electrical wiring does anyone have any ideas?

Click image to enlarge

Jim
Post #988046 5th Apr 2023 4:23pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
It's difficult to be precise without seeing the wiring but if they worked before but now don't except when the door's open then that suggests an earth fault. Somehow, they're earthing through the interior light wiring, which probably isn't very good for it so I'd isolate them until you can work out what's going on. Take the bulbs out, if necessary. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #988066 5th Apr 2023 8:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1